Chasing Happiness

Chasing Happiness

The Jonas Brother's documentary is a must watch!

4
Chasing Happiness
Forbes.com

Iv'e had this post half written for about 3 months. Until now.

You know how Spotify gives you a yearly wrap up your music? Well,

I was one of those teenage girls that blasted Burnin' Up on repeat. I had every single album (I still have them all) and even bought the solo records that the boys released. I WAS A SUPER FAN! I'm serious! I watched the Jonas Brother's 3D Concert Experience about 30 times and could recite the whole movie. As you can tell, I was definitely bummed when they broke up. We had no answers and had no information or the truth as to why they split.

UNTIL NOW.

Happiness Begins, the Jonas Brothers documentary on Amazon Prime, gives us all the answers.

The documentary begins with home videos and the history about how the band started. They were honest about how they started the band and how they each has their own talents growing up until they formed the band.

About half way through the documentary, the real raw stories began.

Nick admitted that he had wanted to end the band and felt like they were not growing as a band anymore. It crushed the brothers relationship.

From that point on, the brothers were distant from each other for about 6 years. Kevin said they missed out on pivotal life moments because they had unresolved issues.

Nick was the one who broke up the band, but also the one that got them back together. He missed the feeling of playing with Joe and Kevin.

The brothers decided to give it another shot. But, they had to be 100% honest with each other. They had to.

The documentary shows how raw and real the brothers conversation was. Viewers found out that Nick and Joe played a show without Kevin. They sang Jonas Brother songs and Kevin just was not there.

Nick went solo, and Joe said he wanted to go solo as well. Joe figured out quickly that just because he was a Jonas, it did not mean he was going to be successful on his own. Joe said it was a humbling experience. After releasing his solo album, he waited 4 years to try it again. This time, Joe formed a group called DNCE that released a hit song called "Cake By The Ocean".

In February, the boys announced that they were making a comeback via Instagram. Every girl who grew up on the Jonas Brothers lost their minds.

They released an album in June.

"Sucker" was the Jonas Brothers' first number-one song and the first number one by a boy band on the charts since "Bump, Bump. Bump" by B2K.

The boys are now on tour promoting their album Happiness Begins.

Scheduled in March, the boys will release their book Blood!

THE WORLD BLEW UP. We didn't know it until this year that the Jonas Brothers were what we needed to get back in touch with our feels!

Here is to 2020 and another year to chase happiness!

Related Articles Around the Web