Charlottesville Should Be A Major Warning To All Americans

What happened in Charlottesville Virginia is a deadly warning to where our society is heading

12
PAUL J. RICHARDS

We sat, we heard, we felt our hearts breaking… What happened in Charlottesville Virginia on August 12th is a tragedy that will leave an imprint on history for decades on. As neo nazis, white supremacist, and other hate groups protested the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee things took a dark turn. Anti protestors arrived and things turned violent which resulted in many injured and even the death of a beautiful 32 year old women. What occurred in Charlottesville is a drastic warning of what direction our society is heading and just how bad things have become.

What happened in Charlottesville was awful but the reactions afterward is even more alarming. Donald Trump came out and was quick to say he didn't condone hate and violence. However, not once did Donald Trump ever say the words “white nationalists”, “nazis”, “the KKK”, etc… The same man who ran on the platform of using uncensored speech, who is quick to call out islamic terrorism, and to call Mexicans rapist and drug dealers, couldn’t say the words the so desperately needed to be said.

We have to ask ourselves if Trump would simply not allow his temper to drive his words then maybe things would be different right now. Trump’s stubbornness is blocking him from seeing just how bad things are getting. Think about it, Trump called some of the white supremacist “very fine people”. The President of United States calling any white supremacist a “fine person” is not only alarming but absolutely disgusting.

David Duke, a well known hate leader, even felt that Trump’s statements on Charlottesville were a sign of support. You know who else supported hate groups and saw white supremacists as “fine people”? Hitler. It doesn't matter if Trump actually doesn't support these groups because if they feel supported well more tragedies like Charlottesville or going to keep occurring and will even escalade more.

How can we as Americans be okay with the fact that hate groups suddenly feel safe to come out of hiding? How can we as Americans be okay with knowing that groups of people who compare themselves to people who were responsible for the death of millions of Jews and other people walk our very own streets right here in the USA?

If you cant see that ever since Trump has taken office that our society is filling with hate and race relations have worsened you are blind or ignorant. If you can sit back and not see what happened in Charlottesville as major red flag then you are part of the problem. A women died, and she died because a white nationalist got behind a wheel of a car and drove with hate in his eyes. That right there is the truth and the truth should be and deserves to be spoken especially by our leaders.

When is enough finally going to be enough? How many more people have to die for people to see and understand that we are not in a good place as a society. We are so concerned about a war with North Korea, well what about the war that is brewing right here in our country between its own citizens? Again, if you can say that Trump handled what happened in Charlottesville well or if you can say things really aren't that bad… You my friend are a part of the problem, so maybe it’s time you look in a mirror and decide if perhaps it’s time you become a part of the solution.