The Reason Why I Am Pro-Life

The Reason Why I Am Pro-Life

Everyone deserves a chance to live

16
The Reason Why I Am Pro-Life
Yann (talk)

Have you ever sat speechless in a doctor's office because you were just told you could never conceive a child? Have you ever cried from exhaustion after countless hours of sitting by your newborn baby's side while they lay helpless in the NNICU? Have you ever fallen to your knees after attending the funeral of your child, wondering if you'll ever be able to get up again, or wanted to give up on your life because after hours and hours of labor you gave birth to a lifeless body?

If you have then you understand. You understand the pain of losing a child, or never getting the chance to have one. You probably have a better understanding of why life is so important, of how true the statement "the children are our future" really is. You may never even think you want children until you find out you can't have one, or until you unexpectedly fall into parenthood and then lose the chance to even decide how you fell about it

I understand and acknowledge the idea that you can't give that child a good life, so why bring it into the world? And that even though you can put your baby up for adoption there are so many risks of that as well? I know what statistics show but think of it this way, 100% of babies that are given up for adoption or brought into a hard life have a better chance of survival than those that are aborted.

And then there are those that argue that a baby isn't a person so it shouldn't get the same right to live, or that up until a certain age you can't consider an unborn child a living being, but no I don't fully comprehend that opinion although I respect it. But my question isn't how they could think that, my suggestion is to ask an expecting mother, one who just found out, how she feels about her baby? Ask your own mother to explain the love she has for you, the unconditional, completely raw love. Ask a mother that has just whether who has just gone through 72 hours of birth and was holding her baby for the first time if all that pain was worth it. Ask yourself if you believe something you conceived, something YOUR mistake created, should have to pay the price because it technically is a consequence?

I am pro-life because I have seen death. I have watched a mother grieve for the loss of her child, I have watched women want to die because they will never get the chance to bring their own child into the world. I have watched men think about the father they could have been if the mother wouldn't have aborted the child. And while I have seen people regret giving their children up for adoption because they wish they could have watched them grow, I have never seen a parent regret giving their child a chance to live.