5 Iconic Roles Chadwick Boseman Portrayed That Made Him The Great Actor We All Loved

In Honor of the Late, Great Actor

858
Marvel Studios

On August 28, 2020, the film industry lost a spectacular performer, while the world lost a wonderful human being. At the age of 43, Chadwick Boseman unfortunately passed away after battling colon cancer for the past four years.

In 2016, Boseman was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer, yet brought many memorable characters to the big screen. Several of these historic films were filmed when Boseman was enduring numerous surgeries and chemotherapy.

Like the true fighter he was, Boseman didn't reveal his personal health concerns to the public and managed to become a role model for all ages. In honor of Chadwick Boseman, here are five iconic roles he brought to life that defined his impeccable character.

5. Thoth - "Gods of Egypt"

www.youtube.com

Boseman portrayed the Egyptian God of Wisdom, Thoth. His mannerisms and higher intellect personality, made the character seem very ethereal. From the way he walked to the way he talked, Boseman carried the character with true elegance.

4. Thurgood Marshall - "Marshall"

www.youtube.com

"Marshall" shows Boseman as Thurgood Marshall, the first African American Supreme Court Justice in one of the first cases of his career, The State of Connecticut v. Joseph Spell. The film is truly a spectacle to see as it exposes the biased racism presented in the legal system. Boseman leads a strong cast as he exposes the real truth to free an innocent man.

3. James Brown - "Get On Up"

www.youtube.com

Boseman takes on the titular role of the "Godfather of Soul", James Brown. In the film, Boseman fully embodies Brown and emanates his "dynamite" personality. Boseman absolutely nails Brown's iconic dance moves and shows off his lovely singing voice. Additionally, he also shines a light on the many challenges Brown faced throughout his life.

2. Jackie Robinson - "42"

www.youtube.com

Jackie Robinson, the first African American to play in Major League Baseball. Robinson defined history when he started first base for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947. Perhaps one of the greatest roles he ever took on, Boseman put on the number 42 jersey and took on the challenging role of Robinson. He did an excellent job radiating the passion Robinson had for baseball, and the frustration he suffered breaking the baseball colored line.

1. King T'Challa - "Black Panther"

www.youtube.com

Last, but certainly not least, is the greatest role Boseman had the chance of portraying. Boseman brought the character of T'Challa/Black Panther from the comic books to the big screen, becoming an inspiration to everyone all over the world. With a powerhouse cast by his side, Boseman surely made a mark in cinematic history.

His portrayal of T'Challa proved that even the greatest of heroes, fall ill to their failures, and must rise above them to correct the mistakes of the past generations. He will forever remain a superhero in life and death. Wakanda Forever.

Chadwick Boseman defined what it truly meant to be a great actor. With his exceptional talent and renowned skills, he was able to embody any character placed in front of him, and he surely wasn't one to shy away from a challenging role. He pushed the boundaries and thought outside the box to transform into characters that defined history. Which in turn, made him into the superhero we all want to be. Long live the King.