Welcome to the OTHER cereal grain

Welcome to the OTHER cereal grain

The one you need to incorporate into your life

11
Welcome to the OTHER cereal grain
civil eats

Need to switch up your meals for 2017? Looking for a new healthy grain to incorporate into your diet? Sorghum, one of the most common cereal grains, may be your answer.

The grain is known to improve digestive health, build strong bones, promote red blood cell development and boost energy. Native to Africa, it contains 22 grams of protein per cup (great news for us vegetarians out there, always on the hunt for protein substitutes). Sorghum is gluten free, a good source of iron, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, calcium, zinc and potassium.

How to eat it:

It can be eaten just as you would eat quinoa! Use the grain to create a bowl, by adding your favorite veggies. Add as a meat substitute to a salad to leave you feeling more full and energized. Try using it instead of honey or syrup, sorghum has a sweet, earthy taste.