7 Celebrity Names You've Totally Been Mispronouncing

7 Celebrity Names You've Totally Been Misprounoucing

Not even fame will help people pronounce your name.

74

Celebrities, they're just like us, even their names get mispronounced no matter how famous they are. It doesn't matter how common your name is or how many times you tell someone how to say it, someone, will always say it wrong. Here are seven celebrities who have the same problems that you and I have!

Chrissy Tiegen

Instagram

Recently on Twitter Tiegan announced that she has stopped trying to correct people but her last name is in fact pronounced "Tie-gen" and not "Tee-gen."

Timothée Chalamat

Instagram

You'd think that his name would be pronounced "Timo-TEE" but it's actually "Timo-TAY Sha-luh-MAY."

Ariana Grande

Instagram

Until recently on Twitter I wasn't aware that Ariana's name was anything but 'Granh-dey" but in a recent interview, she pronounced her name as "Grand-ee" so apparently my whole life is a lie.

Noah Centineo

Instagram

Noah is the new heartthrob on the scene but have you been pronouncing his name wrong? Apparently, it's "Cen-tin-A-o" and not "Cen-ten-KNEE-o."

Rihanna

Instagram

This one everyone does and I actually never hear anyone pronounce it the way it is supposed to be. It's "Ri-ANNA," not "Ri-YAWN-a"

Zendaya

Instagram

Similar to Rihanna, Zendaya has people pronounce her name wrong occasionally. "Zen-DAY-uh" is correct and "Zen-DIE-uh" is not.

Saoirse Ronan

Instagram

I've never been able to pronounce her name unless I look it up but all you have to do is ignore most of the letters in her first name. It's "SEER-sha"