26 of the Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes of 2018

26 Of The Best Celebrity Halloween Costumes Of 2018

The only one we're missing is Colton Haynes and, yes, I'm crying about it.

113

Although Halloween is my favorite holiday, I almost never end up dressing up or doing anything particularly fun. It's not that I'm not creative, it's that I don't have the funds to put together a costume that would meet my standards of quality, humor, and/or realism. Yes, it's sad that I don't dress up, but as I've gotten older I've realized that there is just as much excitement in waiting to see what other people are going to dress up as. Perhaps the most exciting (and surprising) Halloween costumes come from celebrities.

Year after year, celebrities bless our TVs, computers, and phone screens with the most creative, outrageous, glamorous, and realistic Halloween costumes around. This year was no exception. It was nearly impossible to narrow down the best, but here they are (in no particular order):

The Stranger Things cast as Star Wars characters, Eleven, and a Rastafarian.

While Gaten Matarazzo, Sadie Sink, and Millie Bobby Brown killed it as Han Solo, Rey, and Princess Leia, Noah Schnapp's impression of Brown's own Eleven characters was absolutely spot-on.

Justin Timberlake, Jessica Biel, and their son as Lego Robin, Harley Quinn, and Batman.

When I saw this, I could have sworn it was the work of Neil Patrick Harris. Biel and Timberlake are barely recognizable in their bulky getups and that's what Halloween is all about.

Sarah Hyland and Wells Adams as Taco Belle.

I have no words.

Kim Chi and Trixie Mattel as Kim Chi.

At first glance, one might not be able to tell which one is the real Kim Chi.

Harry Styles as Elton John.

Approved by Sir Elton John himself!

Camila Mendes and Lili Reinhart as Pedro and Napoleon Dynamite.

"Riverdale" might be the corniest show ever produced but I have to admit these costumes are amazing.

Acacia and Jairus Kersey (and their daughters) as Snow White, Prince Charming, Dopey, and Sleepy. 

My favorite little internet family is back at it again.

Kylie Jenner as Barbie.

I can't even fathom the amount of time and money that went into this costume and set up. She had not one, but two outfits for this costume.

Thomas Rhett, Lauren Akins, and their daughters as Sully, Celia, Randall, and Mike from Monsters, Inc.

There is no doubt that this is the absolute cutest family in existence. Don't @ me.

Olivia Munn as Peik Lin from Crazy Rich Asians.

I was waiting for a celebrity to take on the iconic Peik Lin and I'm so glad Olivia Munn was the one to do it.

Darren Criss and Mia Swier as Bjorn and Agnetha from ABBA.

Not only are these costumes hilarious, they're gorgeous and the attention to detail is obvious.

Kat Graham as Stanley Ipkiss from The Mask

Before realizing who posted this picture, I could have sworn it was Jim Carrey. I still don't recognize Graham underneath all that makeup.

Quinta Brunson as Missy from Big Mouth.

This was one of my favorite costumes from the night. I wasn't really expecting anyone to take on any "Big Mouth" characters besides the Hormone Monsters but Quinta Brunson's Missy costume is great.

Lady Gaga's dogs as Chia Pets.

As Gaga said herself, she took the day off because every day is Halloween for her. I'm so glad she at least dressed up her fur babies.

Scott Hoying as the Walmart yodeling kid.

Not the most creative of costumes, but the video of him yodeling takes it to the next level (as Guy Fieri would say).

Kourtney Kardashian as Ariana Grande.

Only someone as iconic as Miss Kourtney Kardashian could ever tackle Ariana Grande's star power.

Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner as Gomez and Morticia Addams from The Addams Family.

The second I saw this, I said to myself: "Why didn't they do this before?" I never realized how perfect of a Gomez Joe Jonas made until now and if the Addams Family movie is ever remade I need Jonas to play him.

The Weeknd and Bella Hadid as Betelgeuse and Lydia from Beetlejuice.

I've seen quite a few "Beetlejuice"-inspired costumes this year, but this one takes the cake. The attention to detail is there, especially on The Weeknd, and the facial expressions are golden.

Chrissy Teigen and John Legend as Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.

Wow. I'm obsessed with them and I'm obsessed with this costume. Thank god John Legend took a break to celebrate before promoting his album for the second-best holiday.

Heidi Klum as Princess Fiona from Shrek.

Heidi Klum never fails to outdo herself. I thought her costume last year was her best yet but, boy, was I wrong.

Beyoncé as Toni Braxton.

Originally, I wasn't going to include Bey, but how could I not include the queen herself? She killed this costume and I love how she even recreated the album art.

Nina Dobrev as A Star is Born.

This is probably my favorite Halloween costume of the year. I always forget how creative Nina Dobrev gets with her costumes and I could not. stop. laughing when I saw this on my Instagram feed.

The Kardashian/Jenner sisters as Victoria's Secret Angels.

The only reason this costume works so well is because all five sisters participated. If even one had failed to participate, it would not have been nearly as great. However, I'm obsessed with this and I love that they borrowed wings and lingerie straight from the VS runway.

Lupita Nyong'o as Devon from Clueless.

Although Stacey Dash is problematic as hell, I'm obsessed with her character in "Clueless." Lupita Nyong'o killed this costume down the contacts, nose ring, and over-sized phone.

Rita Ora as Post Malone.

Part of me is really getting tired of the Post Malone costume trend, but how could I not include Rita Ora's take on it? Everything about this is hilarious and the fact that Rita Ora was able to pull this off, of all people, makes it even better.

Kristen Bell as Elsa from Frozen (again).

In case you're confused, last year, Kristen Bell's daughter made her dress up as Elsa with her. The funny thing is Kristen Bell voiced Anna in "Frozen" itself. This year, Bell's daughter did it yet again. I guess we didn't have to wait long for a Frozen sequel, after all!