Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Greek

Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Greek

37

Every sorority and fraternity know what famous alumni came from their organization.  

But there is a good bunch you probably didn’t know about.

Jim Parsons 

We all know Parsons who plays Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory. Bet you didn’t know he was a Pi Kappa Alpha from The University of Houston

Laura Bush

Former First Lady along with her daughters Jenna and Barbara were also members of Kappa Alpha Theta

Lucy Liu

Emmy Award Winning Actress and known for great films such as Charlie’s Angels and Chicago was a Chi Omega at University of Michigan

Burt Reynolds

He’s been seen in Smokey and the Bandit, Deliverance, Boogie Nights and is a member of Phi Delta Theta.

Harper Lee

Known for her Pulitzer-Prize-winning novel To Kill A Mocking Bird. Lee was a member of Chi Omega at The University of Alabama

Sabrina Bryan

Kudos to Delta Gamma for having a Cheetah Girl as one of their sisters. It’s a pretty cool fact.

Jon Hamm

If you love the famous Don Draper from Mad Men, you’ll also love to know he was a Sigma Nu from University of Missouri

Jennifer Garner

Pi Beta Phi from Denison University

Brad Pitt

Engaged to Angelina Jolie and known for movies like Fight Club, Troy, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. He was also a Sigma Chi from University of Missouri.

Dierks Bentley

If you haven’t heard of this country singer. Some of his great songs are “I Hold On” and “5-1-5-0”. He was a Sigma Alpha Epsilon from The University of Vermont

Tory Burch

Kappa Alpha Theta

Matthew McConaughey

There really does not need to be any explanation of who this amazing man is. From every famous movie such as “How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days” or “True Detective”, one thing to remember is that he is a Delta Tau Delta from University of Texas at Austin

Joanna Garcia

Before she played Cheyenne in Reba, she was a Delta Delta Delta at Florida State University

Kate Spade

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Ben Savage

Remember Savage who played Cory from the infamous Boy Meets World? Awesome fact. He was a Stanford Sigma Chi.