17 Ways To Celebrate Halloween In College

Trick-or-treating might be over, but that doesn't mean you're done celebrating.

73

Growing up the last night of October was filled with excitement. Finally, after all the preparation, you got to put on your new costume and get SO MUCH CANDY! However, one of the worst things about Halloween is eventually you're too old to go trick-or-treating without getting judged. Although there comes a time in everyone's life where the trick-or-treating has to end, there's still so many ways you can celebrate, especially when you're in college.

Here are my 17 ways to continue celebrating in college.

1. Halloween Movie Marathon!

My personal favorites include "The Little Vampire" (pictured above), the "Halloweentown" franchise, and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown."

2. Group Costumes.

You all might be older now, but everyone still wants to dress up, and what better way to do that then with a bunch of your best friends.

3. Pumpkin Picking.

(apple picking would also be acceptable.)

4. Pumpkin Painting or Carving.

If you're still living in a dorm painting might save you some clean up, and both are just as exciting.

5. Discounted Candy!

Nothing better than taking a trip to your local drug store or supermarket on November 1st to find everything that didn't sell.

6. Halloween Themed Parties.

7. Updated Dorm Decorations.

This is the first "major" holiday since being away at school, aka the perfect excuse to update your dorm decor.

8. Pumpkin Spiced Flavored EVERYTHING!

PSL is the perfect morning treat.

9. Haunted Houses.

This may be my personal absolute favorite thing about the fall.

10. Go to a Corn Maze.

Haunted or not, both are acceptable.

11. Go on a Hayride.

again, haunted or not is acceptable.

12. CANDY CORN!!!

If you don't love candy corn as strongly as I do, you can leave.

13. Find a Local Haunted Place to Visit.

I'm talking real life ghosts. Every town has some place where some things can only be explained via ghosts.

14. Watch Ghost Hunting Shows.

Going out and following your own ghosts might not be everyone's cup of tea, but luckily you can do it from the comfort of your own home.

15. Make Orange Colored Desserts.

If the candy isn't enough, there's load of fun halloween desserts to be made.

16. Tell Horror Stories.

I'm talking classic sleepover cliche flashlight to your face in order to really make it dramatic.

17. Go Trick-or-treating!

Lastly, there might be a way for you to still experience the joy of trick-or-treating one last time. Or help hand out the candy, whatever your cup of tea is.