Snapchat, Instagram... I've Been Celebrating All The Wrong Things

When did I start to celebrate my Instagram followers and my Snapchat streaks more than I celebrate someone's testimony they shared with me on a random day?

612
Allison Ward

I think I have been celebrating the wrong things and I am kind of embarrassed about it.

Maybe it's college or maybe it's just where I am, but when did I start celebrating going out like it's the only thing to do? When did I start celebrating gossip as a past time?

Maybe, its not celebratory, but it is something I look forward to, idolize even. I like having time with my girls to talk about everything under the sun. I like going out and making the most of the weekend with my friends.

But when did I start celebrating this and instead of the things God's celebrating?

I doubt God's cheering me on while I am out in the wee hours of the morning during the weekend and I doubt God's cheering me on when I'm talking about Becky, my hallmate, who did something humiliating this past weekend.

Satan has a funny thing about making us want to celebrate the darkness and lean toward the darkness instead of being in the light and doing things that bring light to the all the dark things we celebrate.

So, why do I care so much about what Chad did to Emily? C'mon, that is between Chad and Emily.

Maybe I need to spend more time celebrating what God is doing in my life than relishing in Becky's embarrassing weekend or Chad and Emily's relationship.

Are you proud of what you're celebrating in your life?