Cavill makes a valid point regarding the #MeToo movement.

henry Cavill Speaks Out Against #MeToo Movement

There is more to the #MeToo movement than what we are caring to accept.

54
https://www.instagram.com/henrycavill/?hl=en
@henrycavill

"Because then it's like, 'Well, I don't want to go up and talk to her, because I'm going to be called a rapist or something,'" he continued. "So you're like, 'Forget it, I'm going to call an ex-girlfriend instead and then just go back to a relationship, which never really worked.' But it's way safer than casting myself into the fires of hell, because I'm someone in the public eye, and if I go and flirt with someone, then who knows what's going to happen?"

Henry Cavill released this statement along with a thorough explanation of his thoughts regarding the #MeToo movement ruining dating to GQ Australia during an interview. Nowadays, it seems as if though every man that has eyes on him is accused of rape and other forms of assault whether it be physical or verbal.

Ever since his interview comments were released to the public, women across America have been subjecting his name to slander on several social media platforms. I understand and empathize with both sides of this argument.

However, it is undeniable that Mr. Cavill is exhibiting a valid fear amongst an increasingly feminist mindset that has been on the rise for years now. There are women that are actual victims, and there are women that decrease the credibility of those who have actually been sexually or verbally assaulted by a man with their lies and deceit. It is unfair to not only those women that have been victimized by the wrong-doings of their perpetrators, but also to men who still have good intentions and want to find someone worth getting to know.

Mr. Cavill is being attacked for raising a question that needs to be asked. Where is the line between rape or people wanting money, attention, or simply being too drunk? Too often it seems that the women walk away with a clean slate, meanwhile ruining the lives of men who may not even be able to take full responsibility for what occurred.

"There's something wonderful about a man chasing a woman. There's a traditional approach to that, which is nice. I think a woman should be wooed and chased, but maybe I'm old-fashioned for thinking that," stated Mr. Cavill. He makes note that it is harder to go about flirting and getting to know someone, "if there are certain rules in place." There is unavoidable validity in that statement. No woman should be afraid to go out and flirt, and no man should be afraid or hesitant to initiate flirting. The issue goes both ways, and we are being naive as a nation if we don't acknowledge this issue.

There are precautionary measures to be taken on both ends, and it starts with us.

There is more to the #MeToo movement than what we are caring to accept, and until we do, nothing is going to change.