Cats: You Can't Live With Them, You Can't Live Without Them

Because we all want to throw our little pals over the fence at times.

66
Personal Photo

Chances are, if you're a cat owner, you fully agree with the statement above. Yes, our furry little friends are often a hoot and a half - they play real cute, they eat real cute, they lay on your lap for hours. Before we had them we all hoped and preyed that this mental image would be what owning a cat was all about, right?

Well, I'll be the first to say that I was wrong. (There's no need in being coy, now.) Although you might not be willing to admit it, the relationship isn't what you made it out to be in your head either. That's of course not to say that you don't love your little guy to the moon and back, because I sure do, but I find that it does create a sort of push and pull dynamic.

Yet, if you're still in the denial phase, I can completely understand. It's whatever really. I suppose being in the dark is a favorite pastime of yours? (I hope you know I'm kidding...) No matter which side of the cat condo you sit on, here are 10 everyday situations that cat lovers love to hate. (I hope you'll be cackling because I sure am.)

1. The "Butt Wiggle"

We've all seen it before, the infamous "Butt Wiggle." You know, the thing all cats do before they go in for the kill. They think they're being stealthy and because of that, they've got to give themselves a little victory jiggle. It's the equivalent of the human pat on the back and no one can deny that it's probably the cutest thing ever.

2. They put up with your crap... especially when others don't want to.

Sure, they'd rather be yanking down a fake ficus or diving into a pile of socks, but there's no denying that your feline friend is there for you when they know you need them. They are plucked, carried, and pinned all over the place, but when their proverbial bat signal flies in the sky, they're right at your heels, ready to heal.

3. They pick the oddest places (and positions) in which to sleep.

Sometimes you just have to wonder: Can he breathe sleeping like that? We'll just have to hope together on that one.

4. There's a never ending war going on between who's food is who's.

What is kitty food? Heck if I know at this point, what with scavengers afoot.

5. That blasted red dot.

They fall victim even when they figure out your ways. Who can help them though? It's just so amusing for all involved.

6. They got "style"

If falling off of things was an Olympic sport, cats would have the gold. They're humorous, sometimes worrying plummets are all you need for a good time, or an AFV-esque home video.

7. Everything is a plaything.

Those really expensive toys you bought for me? Yea, I'd rather play with this box. And that shoe. Oh, look, toilet paper!

8. They need the "pets," all day, every day

It doesn't matter if your lounging on a Sunday or researching for a major project. When your little love muffin wants the love, they come for the love.

9. They are intense.

Let's be honest, we've all been apart of a play session that's gone... awry. You know your cat has drug you into a place that makes you wonder for their sanity. You find yourself wanting to laugh, yet you also wonder whether a demon has possessed your sweet little princess. To that specific concern, I have no answers, but I do know that they'll probably be back to themselves soon.

10. No one will ever love them like you do

We kid, we gripe, but the fact of the matter is that we'd never be able to survive without our felines. They are our #1 through it all and somehow you can see your future with them no matter what goes down. So, here's to the only constant in our lives: our cats.