11 Reasons Cats Are Better Than Dogs

11 Reasons Cats Are Better Than Dogs

Overall, cats are more independent and self-sufficient which makes them easier to love and adore.

445
Personal Photo

Don't get me wrong, I love dogs but after being around cats for the last three years and taking care of my friend's dog recently, I've noticed a few differences. Cats may be the devil's spawn but they're cute and cuddly nonetheless. It may be an unpopular opinion but it's mine.

Cats clean themselves.

Unlike dogs, you don't have to worry about giving a cat a bath because it licks itself clean. If you want to give your cat a bath, go for it, but it won't be happy with you during or after. By not having to clean your cat, you don't have to worry about the mess of water everywhere or the struggle of getting your cat to actually take the bath.

You don't have to pick up cat poop. 

I absolutely hate picking up dog poop. It makes me gag every time. At least cats have a localized area (a litter box) where they go to the bathroom. You only have to clean it once or twice a week and there isn't much of a mess. It's one single motion of moving the whole bag of litter into the trash.

Cat's don't require walks.

With dogs, you always have to worry about being home enough to take the dog out and walk him around. If you're not home that often, your cat won't mind being holed up inside.

Cats only love a few people. 

Dogs love everyone. They will run up to random strangers wanting pets and attention. Cats, on the other hand, usually only allow select people to hold and cuddle them. If a cat loves you, it means you're special. Dogs are attention whores.

Cats will sleep with you and won't take up a lot of space.

Sure, there are small dogs that won't take up the whole bed but big dogs lay in one spot and don't care that they're in your way. Your bed is their bed. If you're in their way, you're getting pushed off. With cats, you're able to move them to a spot that works for the way you sleep. If it's curled up in a ball, they might sleep between your legs and butt. If it's on your stomach, they might sleep on your back or along one of your sides.

Cats don't require a lot of attention. 

Dogs are so needy. They want your attention 24/7 and after a long day at work, you really don't feel like dealing with it. You just want to sit, relax, and not be bothered for a while. A cat will snuggle up next to you and let you be without demanding anything more.

Cats don't make a lot of noise.

Dogs bark and that might be nice if there is an intruder but for any other reason, it can get pretty annoying, pretty quick. Cats might meow every once and a while but that usually means that they're hungry or locked in a room somewhere. Even so, a meow is a lot quieter than a bark.

Cat's don't leave slobber everywhere. 

Cats might lick you from time to time but they don't leave a lot of saliva behind. Dogs put their spit everywhere. It's cute at first but after a while, you wish they would stop.

Cats purr.

There's nothing better than the sound of a cat purring beside you. Purrs mean happiness and if your cat is happy, you tend to be happy too. Sometimes you don't even have to touch them before they start purring and that gives me life.

Cats don't need to be trained. 

Cats automatically know that they need to go to the bathroom in a litter box. Dogs have to be trained to go outside rather than in the house or in their cage. Most people don't take the time and effort to properly train their dogs which causes them to forget what they're supposed to do. Then, the whole process has to be repeated. You can train a cat if you really want but you have to keep up with it

You don't need to buy a whole bunch of toys for cats.

Cats are content with boxes to play and lay in. A few toys and maybe a scratching post and you're pretty set in that aspect. People tend to buy dog toys a few times a month because dogs tear up their toys on the daily. They're never content with just a couple.