Why cats are better pets than dogs

Cats Make More Purrrfect Pets Than Dogs, Don't @ Me

You say dogs are better? You have cat to be kitten me right meow.

43
https://unsplash.com/photos/1l2waV8glIQ

As a person who has grown up with cats their whole life, I may be biased. But there is an endless number of reasons why cats make the best pet!

Now don't get me wrong, I like dogs too. When people tell me their argument as to why dogs make a great pet, it is not disagreeable. They're a loyal pet, when you walk through the door they greet you as if they haven't seen you for weeks, and they are always up for playtime!

But for the people who don't see all of the amazing qualities in the furry felines that make for the purrrfect household pets, I'm about to change your mind.

When it comes to responsibility, cats are so much easier than dogs. No walks, no baths or trips to the groomer, and no burden of having to be let out. They bathe themselves, exercise themselves around the house, and take care of their own business inside the litter box.

With a pet cat(s), you never have to worry about leaving the party early to let them out or struggle to try to find someone to look after them when you're gone for a weekend vacation. Leave an extra bowl of food and water out for them and they're fine!

Cats also cuddle with you and show your love without being all up in your business. They don't require constant attention as dogs do, they don't jump all over you and guests that come to your house, and let's not forget how they don't slobber all over you as dogs do.

On the contrary, I can understand and agree with the reasons why dog lovers could disagree with these characteristics that cat lovers admire so much.

"All they do is sleep"

"Litter boxes stink"

"They never want to play"

On average, cats sleep for about 14 hours a day (livin' the life). This is what allows cats to be such hassle-free animals.

The best part about cats is that they come to play with you whenever they're in the mood to, just like humans. Humans aren't always a big ball of energy like dogs are. We have our moods, we have our downtime, and we have our times where we want attention. This is exactly how cats are; not too much, not too little, but just right.

However, I am not blinded by my love for cats to see the downsides of them. There are downsides to both pets, just in different ways. Some could argue that cats aren't very friendly. When guests come over to the house, a cat will just run away and hide under a bed.

But that is not true in all cases. Cats have a very keen sense and have the ability to read people possibly even better than we can. Once a cat warms up to someone, it is clear whether they like them or not.

At the end of the day, it comes down to the type of person you are and the type of love and attention you want from your pet on a daily basis. However, if everyone kicked these stereotypes of cats to the curb and gave them a chance, they would see the qualities all cat lovers do.