Cat vs. Dog Debate

Cat vs. Dog Debate

Why cats will always steal my heart

48
Cat vs. Dog Debate
Kaelee Rupell

There's always a debate about whether cats or dogs are the best. Coming from a girl who has two cats and a dog, I should have fair judgement in this, right? Well let me tell you this, I love all of my pets, but cats will always be the winner in my heart.

On February 26, 2017 I adopted the sweetest kitten ever. His name is Bobby, which was the name he was given when he was found. I was browsing on pet finder when I came across this sweet little face. I knew when I saw that picture, that he would be coming home with me. It was love at first sight.

Almost three months before adopting Bobby, our 19 year old cat name Batman had passed away. In his last couple years, it was like he was joined at the hip to me. He was always by my side, and I loved every moment of it. Even when he became ill with age, and we had to give him IV fluids everyday, the vet told us to let him live the rest of his days at home. I was grateful for every moment we still had with him.

With Batman no longer with us, the house felt empty. Yes, we still had our dog, and our other cat (who doesn't like anyone no matter what), but I was missing the constant meowing and love from Batman. We had other offers from people for cats, but none of them stole my heart like Bobby did. As soon as I saw that ad on Pet finder for him, I immediately told my dad that he would be ours. He wasn't quite on board for a new cat, but I talked him into it.

We called the shelter, and they had no idea why an ad was up since he was too young to be adopted yet. So I put my name on the interest list for him. The next month of waiting was excruciating! I wanted this cat!!! So I called once a week to check up on his adoption status. Then one day, we got a call that he would be at a local pet store for people to look at. I was told however, that if I was ready, I would be able to take him home that very same day. I was thrilled!!!

When I went and met him with his foster mama, I could tell it was meant to be. He wanted so much attention from me. We brought him home that same day and he still is the little kitty that makes me smile and laugh every single day! He is a cat treat addict, and he loves to climb up and sit on my shoulders. Bobby bows his head every night for me to give him kisses before bed, and in the morning he walks onto my shoulder and taps on it to wake me up if I sleep in too long. He is a character!

So yes, in my opinion, cats will always with the cat vs. dog debate. Maybe my opinion is a little skewed because of my little nugget Bobby, but spend five minutes with him, and you'd know why.