Cats Are The Best College Companions, Paws Down

Because we all need that special feline in our life.

234
Alyse Campbell

If you are cat person like I am, you probably want a special feline in your life. Having a cat in college is like having a personal study buddy and a best friend rolled into one. Your friends will love to come over to your place to see you (or your cat, let's be honest) and you will always have a cute subject for your social media posts.

Cats are there for you during the good times and the bad, and they are happy to add more to your life in ways that you couldn't have imagined.

Here are just some of the many reasons why cats are a college student's perfect companion, as told from my favorite feline's perspective.

1. They're great at helping you study

"Oh were you trying to study? Let me help you out. Just pet me and you'll ace this test!"

2. They keep you from getting distracted

"Oh, you were trying to watch Netflix? I thought this computer was my napping spot."

3. They will wake you up in the morning

"Meow! Think you are going to miss your 9 a.m.? I think not! Let me sit on you just to make sure."

4. They support you emotionally

"We can both pretend that the final didn't just happen and hide our tears."

5. They make everyday things exciting

"Why not share all parts of your life with me? I'm not in the way at all!"

6. They encourage (productive) laziness

"I love you human, so you can't move until I decide I want to get up. You are one of the chosen ones."

7. And finally, they are always there for you

No matter where you go or what you're going through, a cat will be the companion that will always find new ways to become involved in all aspects of your life (in the most creative ways) and will be the best snuggle buddy. They are one of the easiest creatures to love and care for, and they will always give something back to you in return.

Cats may seem reserved and selective at first, but once you find a way to their heart, they will be a part of yours forever.