18 Struggles Of College Told By Carrie Underwood Lyrics

18 Struggles Every College Student Faces, Explained With Carrie Underwood Lyrics

Carrie Underwood went to college, just like the rest of us.

232
https://media.socastsrm.com/wordpress/wp-content/blogs.dir/2159/files/2018/11/carrie-underwood.jpg

College is difficult and people on the outside rarely realize how difficult. Clearly, Carrie Underwood subconsciously must have understood because her song lyrics are all too relatable.

"Jesus, take the wheel"

Everyone has said this at some point in their college career. Typically before a big exam that you didn't study for or stayed up all night for. Either way, you're screwed.

"This downtown apartment sure makes me miss home and those bills there on the counter keep telling me I'm on my own"

This song always brings a tear to my eye because it's true! Homesickness is so real. So are bills. Taxes and bill are like welcome certificate to adulthood with no out clause.

"'Cause sometimes that mountain you've been climbing is just a grain of sand"

It can seem so difficult until it's done. Exams and sometimes even entire classes can seem impossible, but once you succeed it doesn't feel that bad. Next time you feel stressed out or don't want to study think about how good you'll feel when you see that A.

"The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog"

It's a well known fact that pets are better than boys. Men are disgusting alien creatures that don't seem to have any social etiquette. If women could get along for more than 5 minutes we could completely eradicate them and just use cloning to take over the world!

"Last night, I did things I'm not proud of and I got a little crazy"

Parties are fun until the next morning when you're hungover and can't go to class. Oh shoot, there was a test this morning? There goes my GPA.

"And I don't even know my last name. Oh, my momma would be so ashamed"

When you have to ask your friend "What even happened last night?" you know that you either had a lit night or you're married to the ugly guy down the hall. Hopefully, you get the dog in the divorce.

"What have I done? What have I done? What have I done?"

That moment when you realize you watched 12 years of "Grey's Anatomy" in 5 days. At least you did something more than sleep, right?

"If we leave tonight and drive fast enough, all of our troubles will be just like us: long gone, baby"

Running away from my problems like I'm in GTA V. Semester breaks can be such a relief. Unless it's Thanksgiving break and you have to spend a whole day with your extended family that ask all the wrong questions. At least you get to go on a shopping spree the next day.

"You're just a fool, just a fool to believe you can change the world"

Hearing this can be crushing to anyone. Especially when you're dreams are so big that even you have doubts. Don't listen to the naysayers; listen to Robin Williams.

"I wanna uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-undo it"

The whole semester. I want to undo it. Backspace. Erase. When will they invent the time machine? Why hasn't more science been dedicated to going back in time so that we can fix our mistakes like Donald Trump?

"Young mom, on her own, she needs a little help, got nowhere to go"

It's so hard to take care of myself, I can't imagine being a mother in college as well. To all my college moms, I applaud you for being able to do what you do. You are the super mom that every child dreams of having. Even if your kids don't appreciate what you do for them, you are doing them a service by getting your education. They will thank you one day.

"This is our temporary home, it's not where we belong. Windows and rooms, that we're passing through"

From dorms, to first apartment, to first house, moving can be such a hassle especially when you are doing it for the first time or all by yourself. Just remember that one day you will be in your forever home. Keep your eyes fixed on your future and you will find peace.

"This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going"

Where do you go from here? Well, that's up to you. YOU determine your future by your choices and attitude. Whether you stay out all night and party or stay in all night and study, you get to decide how you conduct yourself on a daily basis.

"'Cause when you’re lost out in this crazy world you got somewhere to go and get found. Thank God for hometowns"

Going home is like going back in time to when you were a child and everything was alright. Seeing where you had your first kiss, where you broke your arm, your old house...Seriously, why hasn't anyone invented a time machine?

"Cupid's got a shotgun and he's pointing it at me"

I really can't afford to fall in love right now. I have way too many things to do. I have tests to study for, homework to do, cleaning around the apartment, my emotions to regulate. I can barely sleep, how can I possibly have time to love someone and date them?

"All those midnights sneaking in, "I'm late again, oh, I'm so sorry." All the Ajax in the world ain't gonna clean your dirty laundry"

Finding out he cheated again. Ugh, once again, men are so gross. They just can't ever seem to keep it in their pants. Just remember that cheating on you is a downgrade. By 10,000%.

"I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up four-wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seats"

Revenge is so satisfying whether it's on an ex or just a professor you hated. I recommend that if you need to get revenge on your professor you wait until final grades are in. Just a suggestion.

"Why, why you gotta be so blind? Won't you open up your eyes?"

YOU are driving on a college campus. There is no need to go 40 miles per hour down the street. Please, for the love of God, remember: PEDESTRIANS ALWAYS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY.