Carrie Underwood Went From American Idol To Everyone's Idol

Carrie Underwood has had quite the success since her American Idol days.

38
Instagram

Carrie Underwood has been beauty, singing and fitness goals since we first met her on American Idol in 2005. Since winning American Idol she has released 5 studio albums, all of which went platinum. We have been waiting since 2015 for her next album and our wait will be ended on September 14, 2018, she told her fans via Instagram April 18, 2018.

In the wake of the excitement of her new single "Cry Pretty" an announcement of a new album, we are going to look back at her past five albums.

1. "Some Hearts"

Her debut album was released in November 2005. This album became the best-selling solo female country debut album in RIAA history. On this album, three singles went platinum, "Jesus, Take the Wheel", "Before He Cheats", and "Wasted".

2. "Carnival Ride"

Underwood's second album was released in October 2007. It debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 charts. Five singles went platinum on this album, "So Small", "All-American Girl", "Last Name", "Just a Dream", and "I Told You So".

3. "Play On"

Her third album was released in November 2009. This album debuted at number one on the Top Country Albums chart and the all-genre Billboard 200. Out of the four singles from the Play On album three went platinum and one went gold. "Cowboy Cassanova", "Temporary Home" and "Undo It" went platinum and "Mama's Song" went gold.

4. "Blown Away"

Underwood's fourth album was released in May 2012. In the United States, it sold 267,000 albums in its first week and debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and the Top Country Albums charts. All four singles released with the album went platinum "Good Girl", "Blown Away", "Two Black Cadillacs" and "See You Again".

5. "Storyteller"

Her latest album was released in October 2015. The album debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, making Underwood the only country artist to have his or her first five studio albums debut at number one or number two on the Billboard 200 chart. It also debuted atop the Top Country Albums chart. This earned Underwood another record as the only artist to score six consecutive number one albums on that chart. Three of the four singles on this album went gold, "Smoke Break", "Heartbeat" and "Church Bells".

Underwood also has one compilation album that was released in December 2014. On this album, she has two singles, "Something in the Water" going platinum and "Little Toy Guns" going gold.

It's clear Carrie has had a successful career so far and she keeps on succeeding with her music videos, tours, and appearances. Until September though we have to keep enjoying her amazing work she has given us so far.