Cardi B empowering lyrics for women

5 Real Ass Women-Empowering Lyrics From Cardi B's 'Invasion Of Privacy'

Because sometimes, you need to be told you're a boss bitch.

1889
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bja9a5YhYgM/?hl=en&taken-by=iamcardib

As most of you know, Cardi B has become a household name.

Raw, unfiltered, and raunchy, yet empowering and deep, her words have become iconic to women everywhere.

And let me be clear to those out there who can't get with the Cardi wave and believe that "she shouldn't be any type of role model."

Actually, she's the perfect role model for someone like me.

There was a point in my life where Cardi B's advice to let go of fuckboys and worry about yourself really helped, just as it has helped millions of women everywhere. As many people have been broken by insecurities and self-hate, Cardi's message awakens the soul, reshapes attitudes, and allows your inner boss bitch to take over. Her attitude and realness are what we need in a modern-day idol.

Should she be one for children? Obviously not. And she has made that perfectly clear. So, at least she's honest. Not all celebrities need to be role models for children, but some of us adults could actually use her unapologetic advice.

As men have historically dominated the rap scene, it's extremely significant to have someone like Cardi B step in the spotlight. She's an authentic human being who has admitted her mistakes, learned from them and is continuing to grow and influence others through her music and social media presence. Her dirty mouth and no-fucks-given-attitude is what many women have held back for way too long—and is exactly what we need now more than ever.

Here are five of the most real lyrics from songs on 'Invasion of Privacy,' that empower all different types of independent women:

1. "Be Careful"

"You even got me trippin', you got me lookin' in the mirror different. Thinkin' I'm flawed because you inconsistent."

As the most popular, chart-topping song on the album, Be Careful has become the ultimate women's anthem of the year. This line speaks volume to the common insecurities many women deal with in a relationship, which in turn, affects their own self-esteem. When a manipulative person starts to beat down their partner's self-esteem, it's usually because they need to make up for something they are lacking. Thinkin' I'm flawed because you inconsistent. It's a beautiful line of realization, growth, and self-love. Something many of us need to work on.

2. "Best Life" ft. Chance The Rapper.

"I'm gigglin', can't let the devil have the last laugh. Ain't no more beefin', I'm just keepin' to myself. I'm my own competition, I'm competin' with myself."

This is by far my favorite song on the album. It's so uplifting, positive, and not to mention I'm absolutely obsessed with Chance The Rapper. To me, it's the perfect song. With a past like Cardi's, it's safe to say she dealt with some shit. This line is a perfect example of how you can always bounce back, as long as you don't let anyone get in the way. No need to beef with people who are insignificant, just keep to yourself. Most importantly, you're living for yourself and nobody else, so only you should be your biggest competition.

3. "Ring" ft. Kehlani.

"I'm feelin' you but you hard to get in touch with, and you ain't hit me up in a while. Actin' like you don't know what number to dial. You quit, then that's it, I'ma throw in the towel. 'Cause a ni**a only gon' do what you allow."

This is some of the realest shit I've ever heard. You give someone an inch, they take a mile. You let people walk all over you, it will only keep happening. A person in a relationship is only going to do what you allow them to. I think many of us learn this the hard way.

4. "I Do" ft. Sza.

"I'm in a boss bitch mood, ay, these heels are Givenchy, ho, these are some boss bitch shoes. If you ain't no boss bitch, move, ay. For the record, I set record record sales. I like ni**as that been in and outta jail. They said by now that I'll be finished, hard to tell. My little 15 minutes lasting long as hell, huh?"

First of all, this collab is amazing. Two boss ass bitches come together to send an empowering message. And that, of course, is to be a boss ass bitch. The concept of "I do," meaning I do whatever the hell I want, is a perfect motto to live by when you've been broken in a relationship. The last line on the verse also perfectly proves to all the haters who thought she wouldn't amount to much. Y'all didn't expect her to blow up like this did you?

5. "Thru Your Phone"

"Look, I just want to break up all your shit, call your mama phone, let her know that she raised a bitch, then dial tone, click."

I just love the opening line of this song because for one, it's hilarious, and two, it's the damn truth. Sometimes, relationships just make you so damn angry that you are eventually bound to burst.

(pt.2)

"Smash your TV from Best Buy. You gon' turn me into into Left Eye. I don't wanna hear 'bout invasion of privacy, I had a feeling, it turns out you lie to me."

This Lisa "Left eye" Lopez of TLC reference is on point. It's a fair warning to let a mother f-er know that you are not one to be played with, and will set your boyfriends house on fire just like Left eye did. This verse alone sums up the entire realness to the album. The fact that nobody's privacy should be invaded, yet when you commit to a person, you owe them something a bit deeper. Something that is bound to invade your privacy—because you deserve the truth, and nothing less.