It's no secret that there have been quite a few leading ladies in our pop culture recently, from the Jenners and beyond. America's main chicks are starting to attract a pretty colossal following. These famed women are all using the added spotlight in different ways, some arguably more consequential than others. The single name that has been boldly standing out in recent media coverage is Cara Delevingne.
Maybe you recognize Cara from your years of following the Victoria's Secret Angels, from her recent role in the film adaptation of John Green's renowned novel "Paper Towns,"or from her countless public presences and advertisements. Regardless, her bold, progressive stake internationally has established her as the quintessential role model for generations to come. This is merely a condensed list of her awesomeness.
1. Her goofy personality and funny faces shatter the picture perfect expectations set for her... and it's awesome.
(There are 11 more parts just like this.)
2. She shocked everyone when she quit modeling because of toxic beauty standards.
3. By doing this, she set an outstanding example for knowing how to leave behind the things that hurt you, even if it's all you've ever known.
“I’m not sure I understand what fashion is anymore. I admit I was terrified to leave. I mean, the bubble gives you a kind of dysfunctional family. When you’re in it, you get it. And the second you’re out of it, you’re like, 'What the hell just happened?'”
4. She was raised into heiress status, but still followed her ambitions on her own.
"Me and my two older sisters are known as the Divine Delevingnes. We're sort of like the English equivalent of the Kennedys. But I hate it when people say that my rise to fame is the consequence of nepotism, because they never tell me what nepotism means. Sure, I came from money, and my sisters and I were expensively educated at a prestigious boarding school, but it hasn't all been easy."
Cara has pursued a range of her greatest talents beyond modeling, some of which are acting, singing, and playing instruments, finding success in all of them.
5. When media speculation and even a petition surfaced in response to semi-skepticism surrounding her sexuality in a Vogue interview, she dismisses said cynicism immediately. Her bold assertion:
6. Plus, she and St. Vincent are perfection.
“I think that being in love with my girlfriend is a big part of why I’m feeling so happy with who I am these days. And for those words to come out of my mouth is actually a miracle.”
8. Her dabbling with drug use as a teen has been put to a total halt, and the message she carries positively speaks to others on the matter.
She revealed to Teen Vogue: “I was a kid, you know? I still am in so many ways, and I’m so lucky, but I think everyone needs a bit of a slap in the face, and a reminder that no one is invincible. [When the image of myself in the vicinity of cocaine surfaced], that’s what it was for me. Especially with young people seeing the film, I want to be clear: I’m so far away from drugs that I couldn’t possibly be further way, and whatever happened in the past is in the past, it just doesn’t exist anymore.”
9. Her extreme battles with psoriasis give many a genuine platform to connect with her.
"It only happened during the Fashion Weeks, which are, of course, the worst time of year for me to be covered in scabs. Psoriasis is an auto-immune disease, and I’m sensitive."
"I want to make music, I want to act and I want to sing. I want to do something that doesn’t make my skin erupt."
12. On top of all her incredible talents, she is a stellar musician as well.
13. She can rock the Hollywood glamour look and the tomboy look absolutely flawlessly.
"I like fashion, but… I am a tomboy. I really do not like heels or makeup."