My Rotten Tomato Review Of The Recent 'Captian Marvel' Movie

I'll give you more than just a percentage

25

This new movie was released March 8th of 2019.

The story follows Carol Danvers as she becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, Captain Marvel is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Now I don't claim to be a movie critic and I'll be honest, I haven't seen all the movies in the Marvel series but I've seen a majority of them. By far Captain Marvel was one of the most confusing movies to follow and it couldn't keep my attention for the whole time. Captain Marvel has received an 80% on rotten tomatoes and a 7.1/10 from IMDb. But I have learned that normally movies that get a good rate on rotten tomatoes tend to not be the best. 60% of the audience that reviewed it actually enjoyed the movie.

"Lacking the wit and graphic oomph that sometimes rescues the Marvel franchise from terminal fatigue, "Captian Marvel" is yet another origin story for yet another superhero"

But in the standings of origin stories, Captain Marvel doesn't even stand on the same level as the origin stories of say-the OG Captain America or even Spiderman. While the movie does embrace female empowerment and breaking out of their shackles, the lead actress feels kept in check for much of the movie. She is reminded to keep her strength under control and minimized. The actor, herself, doesn't really start acting until 30 minutes into the movie and maintains a robot act.

The uncertainty of cuts between what would be reality and flashbacks had my mind in a boggle. There is an insight into Captain Marvels mind and it makes the audience just as confused as she appears to be. Overall the movie feels a little gimmicky and dragged out.

But, on the bright side, it did score the biggest worldwide launch of all time for a female-led movie, scoring the sixth best worldwide start of all time with $455 million.