A Letter To My Niece Or Nephew
Family Friends

I Can't Wait To Meet You, Niece or Nephew

Believe me, this won't be the last thing I write to you.

1041

Dear niece or nephew,

It still feels like a dream to be typing this. It still feels like a dream that I'm going to be "Auntie Abby." It still feels like a dream that you exist.

But I like this dream. I like it a lot.

I wonder what you are going to look like. I wonder who you are going to be. I wonder what you are going to do.

I wonder who you are.

You've only been developing for about four months now, but already you are so loved. Your parents, your grandparents, and your extended family, including me, love you more than words can describe and we're all so excited about you.

Fair warning to you, though: this side of the family is big, loud, and sometimes rowdy. However, they're also loving, thoughtful, and fun. They also love to spoil the little kids during gift-giving occasions (be prepared to drown in presents at Christmas; we just love each other a lot). I can't speak for your father's side of the family since I'm not familiar with them yet, but I know they're great people and they also already love you very much.

Plus, you're going to have more cousins than you know what to do with, but I bet you won't want to trade them for the world.

I want you to know that I'm so looking forward to buying you things (especially an "I have the world's best aunt" onesie) and babysitting you. I'm so looking forward to seeing pictures of you on your first day of school. I'm so looking forward to seeing you graduate and become a successful adult. I already know you're going to accomplish great things in your life.

You should also know that I'm a great, big sap, so I'll wrap this up before the waterworks start. Don't worry though; this is definitely not the last thing I'll ever write to you. I love you so much, little nugget, and I can't wait to meet you.

Affectionately yours,

Auntie Abby