Open Letter To My Future Husband

Open Letter To My Future Husband

I can't wait to meet you.

27
Open Letter To My Future Husband
The Vault

I have been dreaming of the day that you will walk into my life ever since I was a little girl. I can only hope that when you do, I will know undoubtedly just as it is portrayed in all of those romantic plots of movies and best-sellers. Alright, that may be somewhat far-fetched but let me live a little. Regardless of how it may happen, I can’t wait to meet you.

Let’s play this out in my head. When we do meet, you’ll blow me away with your kind, old-fashioned ways of romance. We will stay up hours on end talking to each other and never once look at the time. We’ll slow dance to no music. We’ll watch our favorite show and laugh until our stomachs cramp up. In the blink of an eye, you’re down on one knee, making me the happiest woman in the world. Don’t worry about the wedding, it’s already planned on my Pinterest. We say “I do” and live happily ever after.

As glamorous as that is, I know that this is life and not the fairytale that I have dreamed in my head for so many years. As such, I know that we will face various barriers. Dealing with me on a daily basis will have its challenges, but I have full faith in you. There will be times when I am too hard on myself and on you. There will be times when I won’t be able to stop talking and times when I don’t feel like talking at all. There will be times when my anxieties will cloud my judgment and I will depend on you to help me back on my path. These barriers are a certainty and only God knows what else may lie ahead.

I am not a perfect person but I promise you that if you give me your best effort then I will strive to be the perfect companion. Of course, we will have our disagreements. We will fight. At times we may even doubt. But make no mistake, I will never give up on you and on us. We will show our children what it means to be a team and love unconditionally. We will find God at our center and he will guide us down a path of immense happiness.

Although our story may not be like the ones in hottest new movie or best-seller, it will be my favorite one. As long as I have you by my side, I know that we can accomplish great things. Until you make your way to me, I hope that life offers you some of your best days. The rest are awaiting you, with me.

“Settle your heart child, your time will come. One of these days you will meet eyes with someone who makes you feel so at home in the world you will think to yourself, ah, there you are.” – Beau Taplin