You Can't Save Someone Who Doesn't Want To Save Themselves

At the end of the day, you have to WANT to leave the situation and WANT to work hard to get out of it

59

We all have that one friend who LOVES venting about everything going wrong in their life and refuses to acknowledge the positives of a situation. They like to have a pity party for themselves constantly and they can be emotionally draining to spend time with. You can offer as much advice and positive encouragement as you want, but it won't make a difference to them. They just might be the human equivalent of Eeyore, from Winnie the Pooh.

As independent human beings, we determine the aspects of our lives, like where we choose to live and go to school. So, if something is making you unhappy, it is within YOUR power to change it. It might not be easy to change, but it is still within your power. If you hate the people with which you live but you don't have enough funds to find a new place, it is STILL within your power to save up and get yourself out of that situation eventually. It can take time, but there are a lot of things under our control!

Our lives are an incredible Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, in a way.

The important thing to note here is the power to change your life is in YOUR very own hands. It is quite easy to be negative and point out all the things going wrong. It is much harder to remain positive in the face of adversity and work hard to get yourself out of a tough situation.

At the end of the day, you have to WANT to leave the situation and WANT to work hard to get out of it. Otherwise, it won't work. Nobody can save you from yourself! Nobody's advice will ever help if you're not willing to seriously take it.