Can The Holy Spirit Do That In Me Too?

Can The Holy Spirit Do That In Me Too?

How the Spirit of Jesus is already working in your life

38
Can The Holy Spirit Do That In Me Too?
Pamela Haddis

Have you ever wondered about how you can have a deeper relationship with the Holy Spirit? I know many people who have asked themselves the same question: "How can I hear the voice of Holy Spirit? How do I know it's Him and not me?

The answer to these questions is first knowing what Holy Spirit is already doing in your life and not putting a limit to more of that. Holy Spirit works in the life of every believer.

Holy Spirit was sent to abide in us and around us. He is the acting presence of the Father and Jesus on earth. Therefore, there are many things that happen in our Christian walk that are the work of Holy Spirit.

Let me give you a few examples of the things the Holy Spirit is already doing in your life:

When you want to pray

I assure you it did not come from you. Your flesh does not want to submit to God. Your flesh wants nothing to do with prayer or the Word of God. For you to have a desire to pray, there needs to be a stronger force to impress upon you.

But, there is a limit. I know you want to pray. I know that you pray. But even while you pray, you are quick to finish it. You don't remain for long in prayer. But when you do, you talk a lot and don't really listen to what Holy Spirit is saying, or when He is teaching you how to pray (Romans 8:26).

Why do we do this? Because we want to be comfortable, or rather our flesh wants us to be comfortable. As believers, we have a desire to live wholeheartedly for Jesus. But remember how we have two opposing forces at work within us? That is a battle we have to overcome (Romans 7).

The good news is that we can have more and quicker victories when we are willing to let Holy Spirit do what He wants.

When you want to surrender

How many times have you tried to do much on your own? Many times, right? I can also guarantee it didn't go very well for you. We put loads on our plates. We have school. We have work. We have family. We have friends. We have projects. We are our own little gods. It is not something intentional. But, it is the way we get used to living life.

At some point, we burn out, and we go to Jesus. We surrender it all to Him, knowing that He is the only one who can really take care of all these things. Now who do you think led you to that surrender? Holy Spirit did. Holy Spirit wants to lift our burdens.

Have you ever seen how people fall out in the Holy Spirit? Among many things, it happens because He wants us to rest in Him. He wants to put things in order and give us the overwhelming peace of heaven. Sometimes it takes our bodies falling in His presence so that we can understand that He takes care of us. Holy Spirit says that to surrender is also to rest in the presence of Jesus.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by school work and tasks. When I pray, Holy Spirit has put me to sleep. He does this because He loves me and knows that it is what I need. So, Holy Spirit leads us to surrender. Let's not put a limit to what that surrender looks like.

When you have a change of mind and heart

Sometimes it looks like repentance, and other times it is something as simple as a change of desire. Perhaps we think going to a place or calling a person is a good idea. But, we realize it is not a good idea after all.

Sometimes it comes in more obvious ways, like being overcome with thoughts of anxiety and then having an overwhelming peace or simply good wholesome thoughts (Philippians 4:6-7).

Holy Spirit did that.

It also comes in the form of not having anger towards something or someone. Sometimes our feelings change for the better, and we don't realize that has been the work of the Holy Spirit.

Three months ago, my heart was completely shattered, and I was convinced it was broken beyond repair. I know for a fact that it was Jesus who healed my heart by the active work of Holy Spirit.

Sometimes we hold on to certain feelings and thought patterns when the Spirit has already been at work in those areas (Ephesians 4:23). What would happen if we let Him heal our every wound and lead our every thought?

When you leave things you love behind

This is another sign of the work of Holy Spirit in our lives. You know you loved a person, a place or thing, and then you left it (Matthew 19:20). You knew that was the best thing to do and you had peace about it.

I believe we all know and have experienced this as Christians. But, sometimes we stall because we don't trust the work of Holy Spirit in our lives, and the more we have of Him, the more we'll see Him manifested in our lives.

All of these things are the work of Holy Spirit. Sometimes you may see certain people more on fire than others. That is simply because they take hold of whatever the Holy Spirit is prompting them to do. Holy Spirit is supposed to be our helper (John 14:26).

But, many of us choose to rely on our minds instead. We rely on other people. We rely on our pastors and leaders. We rely on the prophets. But, Holy Spirit is in all of us. We are the ones who put a limit on what He can do and how much He can do.

What if we let Him have every inch of our soul? What if we let our minds be led by Holy Spirit? What if we let our hearts be led by Holy Spirit? What if we let our bodies be led by Holy Spirit? We would be welcoming the presence of Jesus into every space and every place. It is our God's purpose to have things restored and come alive. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead lives in us.

Let's come alive and let every sphere of our influence come alive and be restored by Holy Spirit.