my camp friends are my best friends

Camp Friends Are The Best Friends

They are there for you through thick and thin.

724
Camp Friends Are The Best Friends
Aimee Starr

Whether near or far, camp friends will always be there for you. The friends you make at camp are lifelong friends. They have seen you at your absolute worst in the morning and they still love you. Sleepaway camp becomes your home away from home. The people there become your new family in this new home.

They deal with you, constantly, for two months straight

One cabin. Fourteen girls. For two months straight, you are living on top of each other. You are stuck hanging out with each other all the time. Yet, it only makes you closer. There aren't many people I can deal with 24/7, but my camp friends are the exception. I never get sick of being with them. Ever. And when it is time to say goodbye, we can't wait to do it again next summer.

Even if they live far away, they are always the first people there for you

I know that no matter what time it is, where they are, or what they are doing, my camp friends will always be there for me. When it seems like the world is going to end, they are the ones who calm me down and just have this way of making everything okay. My camp friends know that I am only one text, car ride, or plane ride away and the same goes for them with me. They are the first people I go to when I need something and they never let me down.

They are your "forever friends" no matter what

Friends come and go but camp friends stay forever. They have become your second family and a part of your life. Even if you fight, it will never ruin your friendship. And even if you rarely speak, they would still do anything and everything for you. The best feeling in the world is being reunited with your camp friends. But, unfortunately, it never gets easier to say bye to them and go your separate ways. There is just something so special about camp friends. I guess that's what makes them the best friends around.