15 Thoughts Any Retail Worker Has Had When They Get A Call From Work On Their Day Off

"Can you pick up this shift?"

13

If you've worked at a retail store or a grocery store or anything in between, you understand the struggle of your manager calling you and begging you to come into work. I always feel like I can never say no. It stresses me out way too much. If I don't want to take the shift, I have to come up with some excuse. But what if they find out something came up and I didn't stick to my original excuse? Then I just go into panic mode, and it's a downward spiral from there.

So, here are 15 thoughts you know you've had when this happened to you.

1. "Ugh, why is work calling me?"

2. "I'm just going to let that go to voicemail."

3. "They want me to come in???? On my day off????"

4. "Am I a bad employee if I say no?"

5. "I don't even know that department."

6. "It's nice they thought of me to come in."

7. "It makes saying no even more difficult."

8. "I could use the money."

9. "But I was going to watch Netflix and stay in bed all day."

10. "I'm so conflicted. They did this on purpose. They know I can't say no."

11. "I should talk to my mom and see what she thinks I should do."

12. "It's been 30 minutes I need to call them back."

13. "God, this is terrible. Just make a decision."

14. "I've been on hold for so long, I just want to get this over with."

15. "Yeah, I'll come in, I'll be there soon."