3 Important Dating Lessons From 'Call Her Daddy'

You Don't Need To Listen To 'Call Her Daddy' To Follow These 3 Important Dating Lessons

Whether you're in the #DaddyGang or not, you can't argue with these.

795

"Call Her Daddy" has been an international phenomenon since it started in 2018. Two years and millions of followers later, the main "Father," Alexandra Cooper continues to intrigue fans with her hilarious and (mostly) relatable stories. And while the podcast certainly makes tons of viewers laugh, it also makes them cringe just as much.

I have friends who simply can't get through a full podcast episode because of how graphic and out-there some of the stories are. But like most other girls, they still want to hear the bomb lessons and hysterical stories. Here are the top three lessons you can take away from "Call Her Daddy," without having to listen to it.

Don't rush into a relationship.

In Episode 88 "The L Word," Alex tells us about how she is falling for an ex again, though acknowledging that she is nowhere near ready for a relationship. Before seeing what she dubbed as "Door #3," also known as the ex, she was in the middle of contemplating whether to go see two other guys "Door #1" and "Door #2." She continued to say how incredible Door #3 was. Not only did she say they had great sex, but that she felt like she loved him and topped all the other men she had ever met. Yes, she still decided to keep things between them casual simply because she wasn't mentally ready to be in a relationship. And ladies, this is such an important message: Do not rush into a relationship if you're not ready! If the guy is really into you, he can wait it out a bit.

It's normal to get insecure in a relationship, but that can change.

In Episode 49 "Stop Ruining Your Relationship" Alex and former host Sophia, talk about how so many girls go from feeling super confident at the beginning of a relationship to getting insecure later on. And this insecurity can breed "craziness," in various forms. Alex even told the viewers of a time when she got insecure in a relationship because she felt the guy had the upper hand. So she decided to set up her ringtone to go off at multiple times throughout the night so he thought she was receiving phone calls from a ton of different men! NOW, LADIES, THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO. That is called sabotaging a relationship. If you want to change the dynamic in your relationship and spice things up so you can get more attention (which is normal girls don't worry), just tell him! The girls even discussed how boredom in your own life can breed boredom and insecurity in the relationship. So try hanging out with your girlfriends more and treating yourself!

With confidence, fake it 'til you make it.

In Episode 18 "FaceTime Sex and Morning Head" (I love the straight to the point titles), Alex and Sophia talk about how hard it is to have FaceTime sex. But the secret weapon to it is being confident. Even if you are not feeling great about yourself for whatever reason, you have to get on that FaceTime call and act like you know you are the hottest dime piece in the world. And trust me, that guy is going to think the same thing! I mean hello ladies, if we love confidence in men, why wouldn't they love it in us? While confidence does help with FaceTime sex, it also helps in every aspect of your life. So the next time you're feeling a little insecure, straighten that posture, look at yourself in the mirror, and remind yourself how fucking awesome you are.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.