Cal Poly's Greek Week Is "OUT OF THIS WORLD"!

Join in to cheer on your teams in this special annual week.

42
My own personal photo

It's that time of year again: Greek Week. It's the time when fraternities and sororities will band together or be pulled apart to claim the title of the best team in the Greek system and bragging rights for the rest of the year. This year, the theme is "Out of this World."

MONDAY MAY 2nd

Starting on May 2d, the competition will definitely be out of this world with events like a featured inspirational speaker Jeremy Poincenot, who lost his sight at age 19 and become the blind golf champion at age 20. He has shared his story on 20/20, Golf World, and MTV and will be at Cal Poly to "give the audience a new perspective" on May 2nd, from 6 P.M. to 7 P.M.

TUESDAY MAY 3d

From 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. there will be a blood drive (with a maximum amount of 75 people per team per day), and flag football will be from 5 P.M. to 8 P.M.

WEDNESDAY MAY 4th

The blood drive will continue and attendance will count for points at the 5 P.M. to 7 P.M. men's basketball game, as well as the 7 P.M. to 9 P.M. women's basketball game.

THURSDAY MAY 5th

From 4:30 P.M. to 7 P.M. there will be dodgeball and from 5 P.M to 8 p.m. there will be men's and women's soccer. You can also register to run the Mustang Mile to earn points for your team, and registration and payments for this event are due today.

FRIDAY MAY 6

1 P.M. to 4 P.M. is the lip synch rehearsal for the annual Greek Week lip synch competition which will take place on Monday the 9th...

SATURDAY MAY 7th

Beach day! From 11 A.M. to 3 P.M. will the the Sandcastle competition, from 11 A.M. will be the hamster ball races, from 11 A.M. to 4 P.M. will be the volleyball competition, and from 12 P.M. to 2 P.M. will be the tug of war. Also, don't miss limbo from 1 P.M. to 2 P.M!

SUNDAY MAY 8th

Service day! Organizations and teams will participate in a service day to participate contributing toward a good cause (event to be announced, still).

MONDAY MAY 9th

From 6 P.M. to 9 P.M. is the lip synch competition! You do not want to miss this event.

Throughout the week there will also be opportunities to earn points by eating at local restaurants who will donate the proceedings. Earn points and eat out with friends and be sure to write your team on the receipt to earn credit for your team!

Have a great Greek Week, everyone! Support your organization through participation in events and by cheering on team members. This week brings the whole Greek community together and allows us to meet new people and make new friends while getting to enjoy Cal Poly and each other's talents for one special week a year, while making bonds that will last for a long time.