A Toast To 2016

A Toast To 2016

The year wasn't THAT bad.

13
A Toast To 2016
InsideHook

2016, for many people, seemed to be a dub. Various Ls, one after another, left people hating the year and wishing for it to be over. In addition to all the Ls many people fell victim to, there were countless deaths, injustices, and tragedies that happened this year.

I too took many losses this year.

Despite that...my 2016 was fabulous.

My girl Bey told me this year that if I'm served lemons, I can make Lemonade. And that is exactly what I intend to do.

I'm a firm believer in the concept of "new year, new me," even if people often write the idea off as a joke. I get it, more often than not, people decide that they are going to drastically change their life at the beginning of the new year. However, they end up staying exactly the same. People like this usually have no real intention to change, but rather, say they will because it sounds good.

The thing is, in order to make lemonade from lemons, you have to be dying of thirst; literally craving something sweet and refreshing. No longer able to force down the sour, minimal juice you receive from lemons.

My 2016 was fabulous because it taught me that I'm ready to make Lemonade.

I'm tired of the temporary fixes that I continue to find in my quest for something bigger. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Going into 2017, I'm feeling more refreshed than ever. Everything I've gone through this year has prepared me for what is to come. No matter how many failed relationships, or lost opportunities, or failures happened this year, everything happened to make me stronger and wiser. From that wisdom, I will make something beautiful.

My 2016 was fabulous and I'm ready for the next step.