But What If God Is Real?

But What If God Is Real?

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2
128

“Well I’d rather say that I believe in God and Him not be real than to say that I don’t believe in God and Him be real.”

I feel like at some point or another all believers have encountered someone with this mentality. The mentality that allows individuals to say that they believe in God simply because it just makes them feel better yet they do not act or live out their life according to this belief. They go on everyday living, talking, thinking however they please with no regard to what God says of the matter.

However, I am here to propose a question for these individuals; what if God is real?

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is – His good, pleasing and perfect will.” Romans 12:2.

If God is real, will He actually know you at all? Do you have an ongoing and personal relationship with God? Have you used your life, the talents and traits that He handpicked for you in a way that brought honor and glory to His kingdom? God is love and love is real. Believing in God is not about feeling good when you go to sleep at night or a fuzzy good feeling when you go to church but about allowing Him to take you and make you into more than you could ever imagine. By believing in God and acting out your faith you may lose friends, support, promotions and relationships but you are gaining eternity with our Savior. Every single thing in this world is decaying but He is not. This is love. Not that we loved God but that He loved us and continues to love us even though we stumble.

John 4:10, Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.”

So if God is real, on judgement day, what will your excuse be? We cannot say that we believe in God without having a sincere and honest relationship with Him, without believing in His word. Empty yourself and let God fill you. God will do unimaginable things with your life if you simply allow Him to take control. Our hearts were made for you, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you. God is our safe haven, our refuge and strength. There is nowhere on this earth that we could go where God could not be. God has called each and every one of us to fulfill a purpose according to His will. Be the light. Pray that God would open your heart to the relationship He wants with you. “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer.” Romans 12:12.

Matthew 5:14, “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.”

Cover Image Credit: www.google.com/search?q=but+what+if+god+is+real&rlz=1C1CHWA_enUS631US631&biw=1366&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0usz7ovfOAhVBymMKHS_RAToQ_AUICSgE#tbm=isch&q=+girl,+flowers&chips=q:girls+flowers,g_2:in+field&imgrc=DWf5SCpU5E07NM%3A