Business Opportunity And Business Ideas In Nigeria Today

In today's modern Nigeria, business opportunities and ideas are endless, but only if you're keen enough to unravel them from their hideout.

72
Lagos market

According to PwC, small and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) have contributed about 48% to the growth of the National GDP within 5 years. They additionally account for around 50% of industrial jobs and close to 90% of the manufacturing sector.

In short, you can begin to understand that there are still a lot of business ideas and investment opportunities that anyone can leverage and generate massive wealth.

If that's what you're here for, let us walk you through some business ideas you can start with right now.

Are you ready?

Let's dive in.

Business & Business Opportunity: Meaning

Business can be described as an act of buying and selling of products and services between two or more parties with the motive of profit-making. Professional, commercial, and industrial activities can be identified as Business. The parties could be persons or organizations, firms, companies etcetera.

Business Opportunity, on the other hand, means, the sale or lease of products, services, equipment, etc. days before signing of contracts.

In simpler words, inexpensive and easy to distribute products or services that help your business reach out to the larger audience and inspect its credibility. A business opportunity could be an idea plus a life-changing move.

Keeping in mind that the realities of the Nigerian economy demand that one must carefully choose their business domain after conducting a proper analysis of business opportunities available to them.

A business opportunity can exist only when a person significantly pushes it to become one.

When looked at closely, there are several hidden business opportunities in Nigeria.

5 Fastest-Growing Businesses Opportunities In 2021 Globally

Here are the obvious business opportunities you can find today globally:

Digital Marketing

Over the past few years, the world of the internet has been spreading its tentacles rapidly swallowing traditional business ways and in return recreating them. Hence changing forth are the ways of marketing a product in the world too.

Today every small to medium-sized business needs itself advertised to a wider audience for successful growth in business and so turns to various Digital Marketing agencies. Companies will surely leverage digital marketing to:

• Stay within budget or reduce monthly expenditures
  • Target the right channels of communication to meet their prospects and customers
  • Develop new tools and technologies to boost revenue
  • Improve conversion rates
  • Make more sale across channels

It does not matter what your stream of education is! You could choose Digital marketing as a career after B.com, BBA, MBA, and B.Tech or along with it. It is a much-diversified field with a huge spectrum of opportunities.

Transportation Industry

You can only imagine the worth of the transportation industry as a super-fast growing business sector globally.

In the fiscal year of 2018, Trans-Nationwide Express made over 775 million Naira in revenue, and the Nigerian logistics incurred around 328.6 million naira in pure profits.

Transportation is the connecting line internationally. What I mean is, transportation is what so many companies rely on, it happens to be a vital part of it.

The market rulers of the transport industry that we all know of are Teslas, Uber, and so on. What we know for sure is that the new age Transportation industry globally is gradually embracing the Internet industry.

Food And Restaurant Industry

Another super-fast growing industry that set out to clear a crisis being faced is the food and restaurant industry. This is an industry worth $899 billion. Is that not stunning?

Manly_ng

Basically what is going on is people have these schedules because of which they miss out on home-cooked food and turn to casual dine-in, delivery services, fast food, and quick-service restaurants to have their desires met.

If you are willing to become a part of this industry be sure to make customer loyalty your number one priority.

Education Via Technology

The education industry in a lot of places has been forced in this pandemic situation to adapt teaching methods using technology.

the United Nations

Of course, after all these months of online schooling the majority, you'll agree that online schooling can never replace the depth and quality of physical schooling.

But it has also opened doors to ed-tech as a new age business idea. What was only a budding idea with a few apps such as Coursera, Udemy, Byju's is now a fast-growing industry which needs talented and innovative staff.

E-commerce & E-business

E-Commerce is rapidly increasing demands and consumers have become easier than ever to access, that is, through your mobile phone.

This e-business idea will be generating ranges of employment and soon become an even larger contributor to the economic sector of a country.

Remember the times when Facebook and Instagram were just photo-sharing apps to socialize with friends and family and now on the route to becoming advertising and marketing platforms and recently have started performing business-to-business, business-to-consumer transactions purely based online.

The E-business idea has more importantly created several business opportunities from home, helping so many people get employed who cannot move out because of their reasons. Besides Amazon playing the market right gives us a pretty good idea as to why mobile shopping, e-commerce is a booming industry right now.

Untapped Business Opportunities In Nigeria…..Grasp It!

Once a wealthy and abundant country ruling the markets in the 1970s, Nigeria due to plenty of drawbacks has fallen from its throne to an economy with the widest gap between the rich and the poor.

It is now being ranked amongst the twenty-fifth poorest countries across the world in the dawn of the 21st century. It needs a change in its society.

A business characteristically has some vital benefits that help the economy such as the generation of jobs, the creation of wealth, and improving the standard of living of people around them.

A successful business has more to return to the economy of a country. Thus, there is a lookout for innovative creation of more fast-growing business opportunities in Nigeria.