Build Your Foundation On Christ

Build Your Foundation On Christ

A Firm Foundation

1142
Build Your Foundation On Christ

Have you ever wondered about the foundation of a building? The foundation is critical in making sure the building will be structurally sound, but have you ever thought of your foundation of which you live your Christian life? In our lives having a strong foundation is a step in the right direction of living your life for Christ, because the foundation on which is built, is there to hold you up. Growing up you may be taught that before you can start to grow in your faith, that you need a solid foundation, that is not just built overnight. When you put Christ on in baptism, you are starting to build your own structure as you grow in your faith and learn His word. It will not always be easy because Satan is always a roaring lion looking for his prey, and the foundation of your Christian life is built by you as you grow and develop in him. It does not become a solid overnight and throughout the process of learning and developing in the Word of God. Your foundation will become stronger to build your faith upon and having that structure in place throughout your life will be there to help you stand in the mist of the storms and also show you that having the firm foundation will not make it easier, but it will help you to see that having it in place will help you to grow and learn that it helps you stand up without falling through the floor. Having the firm foundation does not mean that you will not make mistakes, but it will provide a learning opportunity for you to grow and learn to build that foundation on which your faith is built. There is a song called "Firm Foundation" and that song represents that Jesus is our foundation and with him we can stand secure, and it also represents that throughout your life you will continue to build on that foundation as you learn God's word and develop that relationship with him. Take a moment and look at your foundation and ask it built on Christ who is the ultimate foundation? Build your foundation on Christ and continue to build that relationship with him. Amen.

1st Corinthians 3:10-11 (TNIV) By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 28:16 (KJV) Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.