Budget Traveling Tips for 2019

6 Budget Traveling Tips For 2019

Save money on flights

73

What could be better than starting your year with great traveling plans? Traveling refreshes your mind and fill you up with great energy. Most people just dream to visit places but, never able to make it happen. Well, you can make your travel dreams come true without breaking the bank. You just need to be proactive and frugal to get the best trip ever.

In this article, there is a list of tips that will help you save money while you are traveling so that you can enjoy vacations without worrying much about the cost.

1. Save money on flights

Become travel point fan: Start collecting travel points on your every booking as it helps you greatly while planning your travel. Also, get connected with as many airlines by signing up or linking your mobile number with them to get the best offers on your every travel.

Take help of tools: Don't rely on only one website or tool to book the tickets. There are several new and better options to book flight tickets. Give a try to tools like Google Flights, Kayak, Skyscanner, Momondo, and AwardEx are some of the best tools to check the flights. Using such tools, you also set the alerts to get a notification on change in the flight's fares.

Subscribe to social media: Follow airlines on social media to grab the latest deals and offers on their flights. You can stay updated with the mistake fares and other airfare sales by checking the feeds update of your favorite airlines.

Choose days wisely for booking tickets: while you are planning a trip or travel days booking days are equally important. As per research, it is found that Sunday is the best day to book your tickets while Fridays are considered as the worst day.

2. Save on money on a stay

Consider Airbnb

Stay is another big expense after flights. However, you can save money on your stay by choosing an economical yet popular staying option. Airbnb is a very popular way to get a stay at a much cheaper and convenient cost. When you are in a group or with family this is a much affordable and comfortable option than hotels. You can rent an apartment, houses, villas or even a castle with this amazing website at a very reasonable price.

Try couch surfing

You stay with the locals sharing their house at minimal cost and sometimes even free. It is great options for backpack travelers who love to explore places alone.

3. Enjoy perks of online deals

The Internet is boon to people. You can find great deals sitting right in your bedroom. Also, you can find good deals from online marketing deals or offers offered from different websites or brands. Today, you can find almost every activity or public events on the internet. From there, you can grab good deals and save yourself a good sum of money while booking any event or show in the new town or city.

4. Consider work exchange

Probably this one is the most innovative tip in the list. If you prefer to visit a new place, town or city without spending much, you can opt for a work exchange option. In this, you can apply for job exchange with someone local so that you get paid for the work. Meanwhile, you can travel around and explore the place.

5. Become a coupons hunter

This one is the most popular and applied tip by travelers. Use of coupons is not limited to your home, you can find coupons on various things anywhere in the world. Just make sure you visit the right sites to select the promo codes. For example, if you are in the US, Couponobox is one of the reliable coupons sites to find the best deals on most of US retailers.

6. Bonus tips

Always compare the prices on the internet before buying anything or booking any tickets for your travel.

For food, do the locals way, it means try the local restaurants and street food places to buy food. Also, you can make your food yourself if you are staying in a place with a kitchen.

Always go for citywide passes for traveling so that you don't have to empty your pockets on the rides.

Have a travel-friendly credit card so that you can make you save money on foreign transaction and ATM fees.

You can always save money with these frugal ideas. Most travelers share their travel stories with fellow travelers so that they get the best learning from their experiences. This list is inspired by the stories of many frequent travelers. Hence you can rely on these tips as they are tried and tested. Don't limit yourself, travel where ever you want, like a wise man once said: "Life is too short to be at one place". Happy traveling!