BTS Released A New Album For Healing, And It Came At The Perfect Time

"BE" feels like the biggest hug that we can receive in a time where we need to stay at least 6 feet apart from one another.

38

It's been a week since BTS dropped their newest album, "BE," with six new tracks, a skit, and including "Dynamite," which was released back in August. Released with the intention of promoting healing through music, the tracks are reminiscent of a common message—although everything remains extremely uncertain, "this too will pass," and we should hold on to the hope that one day, things will return to normal, and we will be able to see each other again.

Once again, BTS has created music to remind us that we aren't alone in what we've felt these past 8 months—the BE album is complete with songs to cry to, to jam out to, and to help remind us that indeed, "Life Goes On."

Take a listen, and I hope you can find as much comfort as I did in this album.

1. Life Goes On

This title track, paired with its nostalgic music video, refers directly to the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic had on the world—stopping life as we knew it without a warning, unapologetically raging as the seasons continued to pass by. The members acknowledge the pain that the pandemic has brought to so many people, whether it be because of the loss of loved ones or the inability to see friends and family as frequently as we once did. The song soothes these worries, assuring its listeners that "like an echo in the forest / the day will come back around / as if nothing happened."

BTS (방탄소년단) 'Life Goes On' Official MVwww.youtube.com

2. Fly To My Room

"Fly To My Room" is a subunit song performed by members SUGA, j-hope, Jimin, and V. It speaks to the frustration and restlessness that lockdowns have incited in many of us. Quarantine fatigue is very real, and it has been quite difficult to be at home 24/7. But these members shift the focus from what we lost to what we might have been able to find within the walls of our rooms—it's a safe space for us and our thoughts to be, and if we shift our mindset to realize that "this is a journey that only I can enjoy," we can find happiness and contentment in the midst of all the uncertainty.

내 방을 여행하는 법www.youtube.com

3. Blue & Grey

This ballad gets me really deep in my feels. While the song can be read as an explanation of the burn out and the sadness that artists feel despite all their achievements, the lyrics can transcend to anyone who struggles with finding happiness at certain points of their life. It's the kind of song that combines "I know you're hurting, but I'm right with you, I feel it with you" vibes and "I know you're hurting but listen, you'll be okay, come with me and we'll be alright" vibes.

I already know this will be my go-to song for sad girl hours.

Blue & Greywww.youtube.com

4. Skit

This skit was made on the day BTS's song "Dynamite" made it to #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and it gives us a small peek into the genuine interactions that occur between the BTS members. It also depicts a scenario in which the members reflect on how there are still small things to celebrate and find happiness in, even in a time that seems dominated by sadness.

Skitwww.youtube.com

5. Telepathy

The album switches to more cheerful vibes with this track. It reminds BTS's fans, the ARMY, that even though we can't meet in person at concerts right now, we remain connected through their music and can continue to make each other happy through that link.

잠시www.youtube.com

6. Dis-ease

Yep, you read that right—the English title of this song is not quite the word "disease," but the word "dis-ease," meaning the opposite of feeling "at ease." Discomfort, if you will. This is a more "raw" song, as BTS themselves describe it, expressing the members' turbulent thoughts in this time of great uncertainty. They fluctuate between anxious and carefree, but nevertheless, the members remind themselves that they can take it one day at a time and will make it through.

www.youtube.com

7. Stay

In this song, another subunit with members RM, Jungkook, and Jin sing and rap about how much they miss their fans and being able to perform for them, but also acknowledge how they know their fans will remain to support them regardless. This song is one that I love to jam out to—the beat creates such good vibes.

Staywww.youtube.com

8. Dynamite

Since August, this song has brought me so much joy and a reason to get up and start dancing. This song cheers up the artist and fans alike, bringing with it a new sense of confidence and a little funk and soul. I hope it inspires you to remain full of hope and happiness as it did for me!

BTS (방탄소년단) 'Dynamite' Official MVwww.youtube.com