To My Brother As He Graduates From High School

You are on your way, and you can go the distance!

22
Tina Drake

To My Favorite (And Only) Brother,

Congratulations! You did it! You have officially graduated from high school, and you have an infinite amount of reasons to be proud of yourself. I have been beyond blessed to have a front row seat to watching you grow into the amazing young man you are now. I have loved witnessing and being a part of all of the adventures that you have taken over the past four years.

High school has had its shares of ups and downs, but even if you thought you would never get through all of the moments where life dragged you down, you still came out the other side stronger than you were before. And in all the moments of life where you were so up no one could bring you down, you were absolutely unstoppable. Your creativity, humor, and faith in God shone through in everything you did. These are the memories you will carry with you throughout the rest of your life and are what make high school itself so incredibly special.

Every late night spent studying, every school dance, and every track meet has led to this day. Your hard work has finally paid off, and you deserve every good feeling and good moment that comes with your very special day. In these crazy and unpredictable times, it may not be the way you imagined it, but I can promise you that the meaning behind it is no less important. You may not get to stand on a stage with your friends while your family cheers you on, but we will still be by your side, supporting you in every way we know how. We will be cheering you on like mad and will still be so unbelievably proud of you.

As you journey on to this next stage of your life, you will undoubtedly discover so many new adventures. College is a very exciting time, and you have so many great experiences and learn new things about yourself. You will get to learn about what you want your future to be, and you will get to form it as you go. God's purpose for you will become very clear to you when you start your journey in college. The brave new world that awaits you is so much bigger than you could have imagined. You will experience many ups and downs, just like high school. The lessons will be harder, and the decisions you make now will affect your future now more than ever.

The world that awaits you is challenging, but I know you are up for it. As I have said for many years, I have nothing but faith in you. You will take the world by storm and change it for the better. May you never forget how much God loves you and how much your family loves you. Always keep your humor with you and keep on making friends wherever you go. Work hard, but don't forget to have fun while you're in college. These next four years are going to be great!

Much love,

Your Sister Who Is Very Proud Of You