Let's Get It: The Brilliance of Berleezy

One of the loudest voices on YouTube, Berleezy has become one of the funniest guys on the site thanks to his cartoon roasting series named "EXPOSED"

573
YouTube

One of the best parts of being a kid was coming back home after a long day of school and sitting on the couch to watch cartoons. School's pretty boring and kids hate having to go there every day, which makes the reward of seeing shows like "Pokemon" all the more special.

Cartoons themselves have a strange oddity to them. We all love them, but there's always at least one thing that's a little bit weird that needs to be called out. Why is Dexter able to have a gigantic laboratory in the basement of his house with his parents having no idea of its existence? How exactly did Clifford grow from being a tiny little pup to twice the size of his house? Why does Swiper keep trying to swipe Dora and Boots' stuff?

Well, one man has made a splash on YouTube through exposing the weird things about childhood cartoons. The CSFU student Berlin Edmond, better known as Berleezy.

He started doing videos back in 2013, but it wasn't late 2015 where his video "HEY ARNOLD: EXPOSED" exploded on sites like Twitter. Since then, Berleezy has created video after video of his "EXPOSED" series, which typically involves him roasting and taking jabs at the theme songs to cartoon after cartoon, from "Proud Family" to "Dora" to most recently "Courage the Cowardly Dog," often screaming and shouting along the way.

What makes his videos great are all the little observations he notices throughout the intros, some of which flew over most of his viewers when they were little. One of the best examples can be found in his "EXPOSED" video on "Phineas and Ferb." The characters on the show all had their own weird designs and looks, which made them easily roastable material. Berleezy calling Phineas a "high-ass Dorito," talking about Ferb's "beanstalk head" and Candace's head "look like an apostrophe" is already funny enough, but add in a theory of all the characters being on a drug trip and noting how a black character is not only sitting on the back of the rollercoaster, but later gets replaced and you've got comedy gold.

It, of course, makes it even better with his delivery. Berleezy has a clear passion for anything and everything he's roasting. It's rare to see a video of him not screaming at the top of his lungs about the crazy stuff that happens in nearly every cartoon intro, but he's able to fluctuate and deliver said screaming in a way that doesn't irritate the audience's eardrums. And honestly, a lot of the reasons of why he's screaming actually kinda make sense if you grew up watching it. Again, how was Dexter able to hide his giant laboratory so well that only two other people on the show knew he had one? How is Arthur able to have his glasses stay on his face even though his ears are on the top of his head? Why did the characters on "Ed, Edd, n Eddy" have weirdly-colored tongues? Those moments are often put into the back of the mind, but here comes Berleezy to bring up the things that kept us awake at night when we were young.

Because he's a college student, he puts his videos on the backburner to his life, and there's often a hiatus between each episode of the series. However, his crazy delivery and pure passion makes his videos well worth the wait and shows he is a real talent when it comes to roasting and comedy in general.