Brian Grilli's Deep Southern Symphony

Brian Grilli's Deep Southern Symphony

An album for all summer long...

31

Brian Grilli has finally hit # 1 on billboards heatseekers chart with his Album "Deep South Symphony". If you aren't familiar with Brian Grilli, you might be familiar with the infamous tv show Sons of Anarchy. He has written quite a few songs for it. If you didn't know him before, now you do.
"Deep Southern Symphony" was recorded in Nashville Tennessee, at the legendary sound kitchen. It was produced by Andy Andersson with many different prominent musicians playing on the tracks. I was very iffy about listening to this track at first because I am not a country fan. This is the first country album I have bee able to enjoy wholesomely.
The second to last track I listened to that stood out the most to me was Like" A Glove. " I'm from New Jersey and am pretty close to the city, so I cannot relate to any type of country life. This song personally made me want to take the nearest flight to the heart of the south and drive around in a pickup truck, with the company of a true southern gentleman. s
My next top track is "obsession". If there is anyone who doubts country but is a rock and roll fan, this one is for you. The guitar sequence, in the beginning, is calming to the nerves and his voice is smooth. "Obsession" is about not being able to forget a person who has broken you. Its a never-ending cycle.
The final track on this album I would suggest is "Keep on Keepin' On". This song is an anthem for anyone who has dealt with heartbreak. You can hear the rawness and emotions behind the lyrics. I was able to picture in my head what he was going through emotionally while writing this.
Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by "Deep Southern Sympathy". This album is full of pure and raw emotion. It is not your typical country album and for that, I will be giving it an 8/10. You can check out this album on Spotify, Apple Music, and Youtube.