The latest news, financial, breaking, and shaking
Health Wellness

Breaking, raking, Shaking No. 5

Breaking, Financial and Shaking news.

76
Breaking, raking, Shaking No. 5
Carolyn Shoemaker

I'd like to start the Newsletter off by addressing the photo pictured above. In the left side of the picture, Jonathan Bradley sat on what was my soon-to-be-completed Eagle Scout project at the time. Jonathan volunteered to help me with a project not many else showed up for, as you can see. Jonathan left us on July 27th with a huge heart and strength incomparable to many people you have the privilege of meeting in the duration of life. He showed strength I never knew humans were capable of, and he will always be a guidepost for myself and my other former troop mates in his perseverance, and courage he took life on with.

Breaking News:

"The Day After Tomorrow" predicted what would happen if the Gulf Stream stopped. It was completely wrong about what would happen.

The Gulf-stream slowdown has raised some questions for those that study its impact on the Earth's global temperature. The Gulfstream has not slowed down this much since 1975, and although it appears as if the slowdown is almost finished, the last time this happened global temperatures actually went up.

Images released from the Carr, California Fire

My heart aches for those that have suffered from the wildfires in California. These images show the destruction and ominous nature of the huge fire.

Higher Temperatures Lead To More Suicides: A study

A study that examined the effects of higher temperatures on violence and mental health has made a claim that as temperatures continue to rise in the future, so too will the number of suicides from higher temperatures. While the study is not conclusive, it has found a surprisingly stronger correlation with higher temperatures and increased suicide rates than previously anticipated.

Universities should prepare students for Artificial Intelligence. (Obviously)

Some of the suggestions for schools to prepare to include re-tooling core curriculum to study more computer science in classes, and having students and classes work with corporations to create more AI-based projects in the future.

Raking News:

Irresponsible lending has already led to another housing bubble.

Median Incomes have lagged. Rent is stagnating. Corporate Debt is at it's highest. Public Debt is also high. Inflation is completely out of control in the housing market. FICO scores are being thrown out of the window by some mortgage lenders, and that is a very, very bad thing. Even the hottest season to buy houses, Summer, has seen a significant slowdown in purchases and an increase in properties piling up on the market. Interest rates will continue to rise and out-price many would be new buyers of homes in the United States. (I have no holdings in any large properties, and I represent my own views.)

Shaking News:

Nothing New Here: Sacha Baron Cohen trolls Arizona town

In an absurd fashion, Cohen told the townspeople of Kingman, Arizona they were about to receive a $385 million Mosque, the largest outside of the middle-east. Cohen elicits some of the worst possible responses out of people, but in a pretty hilarious manner too.

AR-15, BB-guns, and Frying Pans used as weapons in Florida Football Gambling Scandal:

I didn't misspell. Those Gators never cease to entertain the rest of the country, on this week's episode of what the hell happened in Florida...

Cat Wine and Dog Beer surprisingly successful!

Finally! Some good news. The creator of Apollo's Peak Cat wine and Dog Beer has been extremely successful, so much so that he even rejected an offer by Kevin O'Leary's team to help grow the business. Thank goodness, if this wasn't invented I would still be drinking alone.