Breaking Body Conformity

Breaking Body Conformity

Because I am sick of hearing people talk about body image

755
Breaking Body Conformity
Erin Curley

I am so sick of everyone trying to categorize every body type. The media goes through phases. One second plus size is in, the next you have to be super skinny to the point that it is unhealthy, and then it switches to having an athletic body. It is a vicious cycle of what is the "in" body type, and if you aren't like the rest of them you are pushed to the side. We always talk about being body positive and embracing all body types, but in reality if you aren't the in type, you are just old news and shamed. Young woman and young girls are growing up in an age where the media rules, and honestly we are confused. One day I am told that I am beautiful, and the next I feel ashamed for my curves. It is time to break body conformity.

I want you all to know that you are beautiful inside and out. No matter what body type you are, forget about what the media says or the newest craze. It is all just a hoax to make a new headline. In reality, the opinions of the media mean nothing compared to what you think of yourself. That is the real opinion that matters. Listen to your own head and heart, not the nonsense that is thrown all over our TVs and magazines. Even those that are all over our magazines and TVs are sick of how they are portrayed.

Just be true to you, and that is all you need in life. Embrace your imperfections, love yourself for who you are, and only make a change if YOU want to. Don't doubt your worth. You are beautiful.