The 13 Best Breakfast Spots For Charleston Students

"I love sleep because it's like a time machine to breakfast"
76

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I know that you know that, we all know that. As I sit here eating my bacon and gravy fries made special for me at Jacks Cafe, I began thinking about all of my favorite breakfast places on the Charleston Peninsula. Below you will find a few of Charleston's finest. If you live for breakfast like I do, this article is right up your alley.

1. Jacks Cafe

This is my go-to place almost every morning. The staff is wonderful, and the food is out of this world. Go in and say hi to John and Sophia for me. They will treat you better than any other breakfast place around. I promise you; you won't regret it.

Ps. Prepare yourself for a thank you note to my people at Jacks after graduation.

2. Sunrise Bistro Xpress

The iced coffee and homemade bagels are out of this world. They make sesame, plain and everything bagels daily. They’re fast, and they’re beyond hospitable. What could be better? Go check them out at their Spring Street location

3.Caviar and Bananas

I bike myself over to caviar and bananas every single morning before class. The people there known my name and what I’m going to order before I even get to the counter. (An Iced Caramel vanilla latte of course)

4. Circes Grotto

Now, this place is my sister’s favorite. I actually worked there for one full day. It was a blast. My favorite thing to eat there are the tuna melts. The bread they serve is beyond fresh and delicious.

5. Tricera Coffee

This place was my stomping ground Sophomore year of college. The bagels are packed to full capacity and they won the Charleston Coffee Cup two years ago.

6. The Rarebit

Rarebit is open until 2 am almost every single night. You can get actual meals or order off of their breakfast menu that they serve all day long. For the alcohol drinkers out there, I know for a fact that they serve up some fabulous drinks.

7. Toast!

I don’t go to toast often, but whenever I go, I am always amazed at their delectable coffee options. Even if you aren’t hungry, go pick up a vanilla latte. You won’t be disappointed.

8. Persimmon Cafe

If you haven’t heard of Persimmon, do you even live in Charleston? I am truly concerned if you haven’t tried one of their famous sandwiches and custards already

9. Five Loaves Cafe

Even though Five Loaves only serves breakfast once a week, it truly is one of the best options. They have true southern dishes as well as simple meals that will please the pickiest of eaters.

10. Brown's Court Bakery

Located in a small historic house, you could easily pass by this cute little bakery without having any knowledge it exists. I highly recommend heading over to this place. They actually sell their baked goods to a numerous amount of restaurant across the peninsula. They have been featured on many food shows and raved about by famous chefs. I mean, who doesn’t want to try pastries that have been raved about on TV?!

11. Saffron Restaurant and Bakery

Walking into this bakery, you feel like you’re in the Willy Wonka factory of baked goods. This place actually sells their bagels to Jacks Cafe every single morning. Nothing beats freshly baked pastries. They also sell meals as well. Breakfast and a side of pastries?! Nothing could be better.

12. Beech

If you haven’t heard of Beech, then you must not like Poke and Acai bowls. Once thi s place opened over a year ago, the entire downtown area of Charleston went crazy.

13. Huriyali

However, some say that Huriyali is better. Although I have never been, I highly recommend. If Beech is amazing, I can only assume that Huriyali is life changing.

Whichever place you choose, you're going to pick a winner.