Break Out of Your Routine

Break Out of Your Routine

Don't be boring.

43
Break Out of Your Routine
Francis Martinez

Wake up. Brush your teeth. Get dressed. Go to class. Go to practice. Come home. Eat dinner. Do homework. Sleep. Repeat.

For many of us students, this is the usual routine (substitute a tutoring session for a practice or your part time job for practice every now and then) that we follow in our day-to-day lives. This is especially true when we start feeling a bit robotic because our routine has become so predictable that sometimes we just go through the motions and are not really present in what we are doing or what we are saying.

This should not be the case. The reason we get so caught up in just going through the motions of routine is because we have done it so many times that we are capable of doing everything we do awake or in our sleep. We have done it so many times that we become bored and lose sight of what really matters and why we do what do in the first place.

The boredom that is created is something that can easily be avoided, if we only so remember to break out of our routine every now and then.

You will find that nine times out of ten, you will excel in your academics and in every other area of your life if you break routine every now and then. By breaking routine and doing something out of the ordinary, then you are popping the bubble you have created for yourself and you will be able to experience something new and exciting.

Add a little spice to your life. Eat out at your favorite restaurant instead of cooking dinner or grabbing a sandwich on your way out the door. Study in the morning and then go out to a movie with friends in the evening, even on a weekday. Wake up early and go for a run, take a longer nap, do some online shopping, take a drive to clear your mind.

Whatever the case may be, do that one thing that is not part of your routine and it will make all the difference. You may not notice it and others may not notice it either, but there will be subtle changes to your own personal, mental and emotional health.

Do not let yourself get bored. Do not let yourself be trapped in rigid routine, because you are able to think and speak for yourself. Having that time in which you break routine and do something out of the ordinary can have the potential to change your perspective on things.

Do not be afraid to break routine. Breaking routine can create so many additional opportunities that you may have never have had in the first place if you were to have stuck to routine. Now do not go and throw your entire routine out the window either. Simply add something onto it. Or take away something and replace it with something fun and carefree.

Take that nap. Eat three cookies and a slice of cake for dinner. Go out for drinks on a Tuesday instead of waiting until Friday.

Wake up. Brush your teeth. Get dressed. Go to class. Go do something that will shake you for a minute. Go do that and regain your routine. Repeat.