10 Boys You've Loved And Lost, As Told By Steak 'n Shake Milkshakes

Analyzing your choices can help you move forward, especially if you order milkshakes as frequently as I do.

716
Visit Bloomington

Let me begin by saying that while I wouldn't label myself as "boy crazy" per se, I've definitely been through it when it comes to any struggle within a relationship. I also consider myself an expert in Steak 'n Shake milkshakes because I've worked there for four and a half years. The type of shake someone orders is reflective of their tastes and desires, much in the same way as their favorite book or movie shows you their values. Without any further delay, I present your favorite "milkshakes":

1. A classic vanilla shake.

Vanilla is the OG shake. He's comfortable, maybe a little too comfortable. You could enjoy it any time, and it's the one that you take home to your parents. Enough said.

2. The chocolate shake.

The chocolate shake is the classic, irresistible one that you always go back to when nothing else sounds good. It's pretty popular and a lot of other people enjoy it as well, but you feel like you have a special connection to it because you've enjoyed it so many times before.

3. Mint Cookies 'n Creme.

The Mint Cookies 'n Creme shake is refreshing. It's cool, but it has some chunks in it that make it hard to enjoy yet you try it anyways because it gets so much hype from other people.

4. Orange Freeze.

An exotic shake, Orange Freeze is the one that you try or think about trying every once in awhile to see if your taste is still the same as it was the last time. Newsflash: it's still the same, and while you kind of like it, you'd prefer to stick to your usual choice.

5. S'mores.

The S'mores shake is a rich, seasonal one that you look forward to every time it comes around. When it's gone, you think about how you can't wait for it to be in season so that you can enjoy it one more time. The S'mores shake is your camp counselor coworker that you flirt with all summer long and never talk to during the rest of the year.

6. Nutella.

Nutella is a very polarizing shake- you either love it or hate it. This shake might even be the one that everyone raves about but you can't understand why they like it, or vice versa.

7. Salted Caramel Pretzel.

Salted Caramel Pretzel was a huge part of your life for a long time but then it just kind of disappeared and you don't know why or where it went. Think: that boy that you were super involved with who ghosted you out of nowhere last year.

8. M&Ms.

The M&M shake is the one you think will be easy to drink because you've already acknowledged that it has chunks in it. Once you're done sipping, however, you're left with all the chunks at the bottom that you now have to deal with separately. The M&M shake is the mysterious boy that you knew had issues but you thought you could fix him because they're familiar issues to you.

9. Banana.

The banana shake is the one you know you'd never try but you entertain the thought because it's still an option (think: the friend you've had for awhile whom you've seen interact with girls and know he's not the one for you solely based on that).

10. Strawberry with Oreos.

The Strawberry shake is a conventional shake, but once you add the Oreos it becomes something else entirely. This shake is the innovator. He wants all he can have- the flavor of strawberry, but the texture of the Cookies 'n Creme shake. You're not quite sure what the best approach is to enjoy it because it fits your cravings but thoroughly confuses you. As my sister puts it, this shake is edgy for the sake of being edgy and original. You want to persevere and try this shake to see if it's what you've been looking for. Good luck, my friend.

Using milkshakes to compare to boys was surprisingly cathartic and I encourage you to reflect on interactions in your own life to find some clarity going forward. Think about what you want out of a relationship, and what your current "milkshake" can offer you. If it's not something you're interested in, don't order it anymore. Yes, it is that simple. Happy sipping!