Boyfriend Season

Boyfriend Season

It's time to FALL in love

65
Boyfriend Season
fetephotography

Walking down the city streets watching as cute couples held hands in their fingerless gloves and as they cuddled up on the subway platform made me long for that comfort, companionship, and cuteness (or a source of human heat if nothing else!). It made me long for a fall boyfriend.

I thought about all the fall activities that were so ideal for lovers; the pumpkin patch that would so nicely serve as the backdrop for our Instagram pictures, the haunted house that only my strong man would be able to protect me in, and the countless nights under the covers watching scary movies and drinking hot cocoa. I thought about all the times I contemplated wearing my cute fall boots and scarves and leg warmers, only to then throw on an old pair of leggings because I knew I had no boy I wanted to impress. I thought about the fall days I spend walking through the park, watching the leaves fall and the couples pass me by. Based on all of this, I came to the conclusion that fall is, therefore, perfect boyfriend season.

But further contemplating that statement, I realized I wasn’t exactly wrong, but I wasn’t right, either. Sure, fall is boyfriend season. But so is winter. And Spring. And Summer. So basically, every season is boyfriend season. At the start of every season I find myself envying the couples that look so in love, getting to do all the romantic things that season offers together. During winter it’s the carriage rides in central park, the sweaters every girlfriend steals from their man to stay warm, the New Year's Eve kiss and the endless Mistletoe kisses that make it ideal for a relationship. During spring it’s the spring break vacation and the rainy days to just stay inside that make it the ideal boyfriend season. During summer it’s those cute cut off jeans you want to wear for him and the music festivals you’d go to together; the days at the beach and the nights full of fireworks I recall having, oh so long ago.

Boyfriend weather is like sweater weather. We only really think about sweater weather in the fall, because it’s the most obvious time to wear our sweaters, but we have them on us all year round. Or if not, we definitely want them all year round when we get cold on those extra breezy summer nights and when the A/C is turned on way too high. So I’ve realized that every season is boyfriend season, and every season I say that that season is the idealistic time to have one, is really only 1 of 4.

And it’s only idealistic when it’s the right boyfriend. I could have found a boyfriend for the fall to give me his sweatshirts and go to the haunted house with me, but if he wasn’t the right one I’d feel even colder in his sweatshirts and even more alone in the haunted house (not literally, but you get my point). So I guess for now I’ll go through fall with my own sweaters and hot cocoa and have some hope that maybe the next season will bring my man with it (hint, hint, Santa!).