Season 3 of "The Boulet Brother's Dragula" Is The Queer Horror Show We've All Been Waiting For

After an almost two year hiatus, this sickening reality show has returned and is exclusively on Amazon Prime Video with more monsters, glamour, filth and horror then ever.

132
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Ma4PNUyYk

The Boulet Brother's Dragula is a drag competition show to the extreme, centering itself on the weird, unconventional, loud and raw culture of drag artistry. The Boulet Brothers, Swanthula and Dracmorda Boulet, are a duo of veteran drag queens, nightlife legends, event promoters and the main symbol of what Dragula is all about. They're a powerhouse of pure queer weirdness and shine a light on destroying heteronormativity and embracing the abstract and the grotesque. The Boulets strive to showcase the side of queer nightlife that's rarely depicted on television, with Dragula it comes to life. The goal of the show is to look for the "World's Next Drag Supermonster" and with the success of the first two seasons, this season's about to blow everyone's minds with it's new Amazon Prime budget.

This season, 11 drag monsters from around the globe will compete for the title of Dragula, whoever claws their way to the stop will not only snatch the crown but also get a grand prize of $25,000. Each episode the contestants have to compete in a series of challenges that test their skills in sewing/costume design, acting, performance art, makeup/SFX and many more. The contestants who do the worst in each episode have to face an "extermination challenge" to decide if they stay or go home. Exterminations range from eating brains to being buried alive to even jumping out of a plane. It's pure madness at it's finest.

Dragula started off as an underground web-series that premiered it's first two seasons on YouTube. The first season took place mostly at their local bar/club called "Precinct DTLA" where the Boulet Brothers hosted their weekly club event titled "Queen Kong" where the original club competition "Dragula" stemmed from. The cast was mostly local queens around California, but they were equally as talented and just as impactful in the community. Season One winner "Vander Von Odd" remains a legend in the Dragula catalog and has marked her place in the queer world with her impeccable talent and embodiment of her art.

Season Two gave the audience a taste into a bigger budget, more monsters across America, bigger sets and more structured episodes. The D-I-Y nature of the show is what was beloved by fans, it felt super indie/independently filmed with cute vignette skits, making use of resources they already had, and yet being able to produce quality television to fulfill your best drag horror fantasies. Season Two was a huge step for Dragula, especially for winner "Biqtch Puddin" who had one of the best underdog stories in reality competition tv history.

Now comes the ultimate piece of the Dragula world, Season 3. This season these ghouls are not ones to mess with, they're a packed force of sickening artists hungry for the crown. This season even features a female drag artist, Hollow Eve and a drag king, Landon Cider. It's campier, bigger, messier, more guts and gore then ever.

Here's a little run-down of the cast of Season 3. Madelynn Hatter, the psychotic sex clown of New York City. Violencia Exclamation Point, a grotesque queen of pure camp and flith. Yovska, the drag creature of Canada who resembles a childhood nightmare. St. Lucia, the Atlanta based devil-ish glamour. Evah Destruction, an everchanging chameleon horror clown. Louisianna Purchase, the countess of Austin, Texas. Priscilla Chambers, a Hell-Billy queen from the dirtiest trailer park. Hollow Eve, a post binary drag socialist with a penchant for anarchy. Dollya Black, a wenching sexy witch of the underworld. Maxi Glamour, a gender-bending traveling polka demon. And last but definitely not least, Landon Cider, a shapeshifting glam-drogynous drag king.

This season is gonna pack the biggest punch, and accompanying them is a rotating panel of amazing celebrity guest judges from horror worlds of music, television, and movies. The guest judges include Henry Rollins (Black Flag), Milly Shapiro (Hereditary), Rachel True (The Craft), Bonnie Aarons (The Nun/Conjuring 2), Darren Stein (Jawbreaker), Michael Varrati (Dead for Filth), Felissa Rose (Sleepaway Camp), Danielle Harris (Halloween 4/5) and many more queer nightlife legends and surprise guest judges that will be revealed once the season airs.

The Boulet Brother's Dragula will air every Tuesday exclusively on Amazon Prime Video, starting on August 27, 2019.