"Born to Love, Cursed to Feel" Review

"Born to Love, Cursed to Feel" Review

You can never have enough poetry in your life.

699
"Born to Love, Cursed to Feel" Review
www.google.com

We've all heard of R.H. Sin, a popular poet who frequently posts poems on Instagram. Well, "Born to Love, Cursed to Feel" is a book of poems written by his wife, Samantha King. I know what you're thinking, two authors in love is probably the most romantic thing you've ever heard but to top it off, Sin only follows King on Instagram and she only follows about 8 people. Nothing says romantic like a couple who's living practically depends upon the use of social media and yet, still manage to keep their consumption of social media to a minimum.

Anyway, back to "Born to Love, Cursed to Feel" by Samantha King.

If you're expecting the poems of R.H. Sin, don't. And also, shame on you. Married or not, an author should be looked at as an individual. Nothing boils my blood more when an author doesn't get the individual attention or credit that they deserve because society puts them in the shadow of a significant other. So anyway, if you're looking for poems that will make you feel something, break your heart, and give you hope; then this collection of poems is perfect for you.

Every poem in this book is relative to your life in some type of way. Whether it's the guy that broke your heart in high school, someone who made you feel unworthy of happiness, or finally realizing that you can conquer whatever you put your mind to; this book has a poem for you.

Written in free-verse and littered with metaphors, King beautifully describes every feeling you never knew you had and if you're anything like me, you will find yourself being reminded of the best and worst times of your life while reading this book. Of course, we don't want to think about all the bad things that have happened in our lives, but it's cathartic and good for your mental health, so take a break and dive into this book. Cry a little, laugh a little, learn to forgive and forget the things that you cannot change, get in your car and drive to your local book store/do some online shopping and pick up Born to Love, Cursed to Feel. You'll be so glad that you did.

And if you needed more motivation to go read this, here's one of my favorite poems from this collection:

Warrior

She goes on

Despite the fears, struggles, obstacles, and disappointments

She lives for Love of self

Love of life

And maybe one day for the Love of someone else