Books I Want To Read Now That I'm Home

Books I Want To Read Now That I'm Home

Because quarantine doesn't have to be counterproductive.

7
Books I Want To Read Now That I'm Home
Unsplash

Let me start out by saying this school year hasn't exactly gone how any of us planned. If you're a student living in the United States, you have most likely been relegated to education within the virtual walls of the internet. Perhaps your university has even shut down and sent you back home, or at least mine has.

Longwood University students have officially been completely off campus for almost three weeks and it's definitely strange to be sent home in the middle of March. However, I have been trying to manage my time in a semi-productive manner and I'm proud to say I've kept on top of my assignments so far.

With the beginning of April (and hopefully warmer times) upon us, college students everywhere are looking toward the inevitable end of the semester and the start of summer vacation. Regardless of how different the Coronavirus may cause this summer to look, college kids are not neglecting the bright spot that comes with the end of homework and projects for a couple months. That being said, there are quite a few books I want to read as my school calendar becomes more clear and the leisurely time increases:

1. "The Ministry of Ordinary Places: Waking Up to God's Goodness Around You" by Shannan Martin

This book has been on my list FOREVER and the cover is gorgeous. But also, what better title to pick up during this time of uncertainty! While times are definitely challenging right now, I've always been a firm believer that there are bright spots everywhere and we need only look around to find them. Even the simple fact that we woke up today is a blessing in and of itself!

"The Ministry of Ordinary Places"

2. "Daisy Jones & The Six" by Taylor Jenkins Reid

"Daisy Jones & The Six" is a novel that has gotten major buzz in the reading community. First, the cover is straight out of the seventies and reminds anyone of rock n'roll times! Written about a fictitious band of the same name, this book is basically the fake biography of anyone's dreams! It chronicles the beginning days of the band members and the genesis of their music.

"Daisy Jones & The Six"

3. The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

The Infernal Devices trilogy is comprised of: "Clockwork Angel," "Clockwork Prince," and "Clockwork Princess." I've previously read "Clockwork Angel" and I believe half of "Clockwork Prince," but it's been a few years. And I can't continue on and finish the trilogy if I don't remember the major details of what I've already read! What I do remember is that I love the time period the books are set in and the overall plot line is entertaining. I definitely remember liking The Infernal Devices more than I liked The Moral Instruments.

"Clockwork Angel," "Clockwork Prince," and "Clockwork Princess."

4. "New Moon" by Stephanie Meyer

I decided over Spring Break to try and re-read the entire Twilight Saga within the next year and I'm sticking to it! I read the first book during the break, and now I want to continue the storyline. While the Twilight Saga isn't a literary masterpiece, there is something about it that I find entertaining. If nothing else, the backstories of the characters and the setting are intriguing to me. These books were pretty quick reads for me the first time through, so hopefully the second time around will be the same! I'm also looking forward to all the small details I've inevitably forgotten about since the last time I read the series.

"New Moon"

5. "Live" by Sadie Robertson Huff

Technically, I've already started this book but I'm only on the third chapter. University has also gotten pretty hectic since we switched to the online forum and final exams are getting closer. Because of that, I probably won't be able to give this book my full attention until a couple weeks from now when classes die down. However, this is probably the recent purchase I have been looking forward to the most! I absolutely love watching Sadie Robertson Huff's sermons on Youtube and I even had the opportunity to see her speak in person as the Passion 2020 Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. If you like reading encouraging books, I definitely recommend any of Sadie's!

"Live"

Those are a handful of books that I want to read over this upcoming time at home, although I have tons more! Comment below and let me know what you plan to read during quarantine, what you're currently reading, or what you think of any of these above titles!