6 Books That Everyone Needs To Read In Their Lifetime

Some books are just too good not to read.

34
Photo by Pixabay on Pexels

I am such a huge reader. I love more fiction and old classic books, but I am open to everything. Below are some of my fellow book lover and I's favorite books that we think everyone should read in their life.

1. "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee​

This is a book that I read in high school, and we dove into it pretty deep since it has such a deep meaning and point behind it. It was published in 1960 and won a Pulitzer Prize a year after it was published. The story is about a family in Alabama in a small town that was extremely racist. It is narrated by a six-year-old tomboy, Scout Finch, who lives with her lawyer father, Atticus, and her brother, Jem.

The story follows what happens when Scout's father Atticus defends a black man in their town even though there is a very slim chance of him winning. This story teaches so many great life lessons and is still an interesting read.

2. "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald 

This was one of my favorite books ever. It never had a dull moment even though it is considered an old and classic book. This book was published in 1925 and is set in the roaring twenties. It tells a story about a man's pursuit of the American Dream.

The narrator is Nick Carraway, who is an upper-class citizen that moves to New York. He meets his neighbor, Jay Gatsby, who is an over-the-top and extremely wealthy person. Nick then gets involved in Gatsby's plan to rekindle the love between Nick's cousin Daisy, who Gatsby loved in the past.

3. "The Odyssey" by Homer 

This is one of the two major ancient Greek epics written by Homer. This is the sequel to the Illiad. It is considered to be a poem, however, it seems much different. This writing will make you think, will make you learn new things, and it is so interesting to read.

4. "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury 

I hated this book the first time that I read it, but I sat down and read it again when I was older and I loved it so much more. This book is a dystopian type of future American society. This American society has banned and outlawed books, so firemen burn any books that are found anywhere.

This book was interesting to me because I am very interested in politics, and it has underlying themes of a person's freedom and society allowing people to make choices for themselves and fight back in rulings that some think are unlawful.

5. "Where The Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls

If you love a tear-jerking book, this is the one for you. This was such a well-written and amazing book but it will make you cry. This book was written in 1961 as a children's novel but should not have been. This book captures the love between a man and his dog. The story follows a small boy who buys two hunting dogs and trains them himself.

6. "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley

This book has a slower start, but it has a really interesting plot and again deals with a dystopian society. This asks the questions of how could society be different and how every aspect of our current life could change.