5 Amazing Books You've Probably Never Heard Of

Let's put some flavor in our reading palate, shall we?

5
https://www.instagram.com/tozluraf_/
@tozluraf/Instagram

We all clearly do not do a whole lot of reading nowadays, so here are some suggestions to get you started! If you're an avid reader, then you might have heard of these before.

1. "The Good Daughter" by Karin Slaughter

This book is a crime drama that really does put the reader on the edge of their seat. It's not a sunshine and rainbows kind of book either. This story is one that delves into the darkness that exists within our world and shows us that there is always hope. The story surrounds a pair of sisters who have put a lot of distance and time between one another and are brought back together to face their past one final time.

2. "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy

Cormac McCarthy has quickly become one of my favorite authors to ever put type written ink to paper. "The Road" is about a father and son walking through a post-apocalyptic land trying to survive the climate, animals, and other survivors. It can sound boring, but this book is a character piece where you slowly learn about a certain set of characters and watch their journey. The end will have you broken and hopeless should the apocalypse ever come.

3. "The Silmarillion" by J.R.R. Tolkien 

Hear me out. I know J.R.R. Tolkien is a renowned writer and we all know it, but how many of us have actually sat down and read some of his work? We all know about "Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit," but the story doesn't end there. If you've made it all the way through the previous novels then you would absolutely love the Silmarillion. The book is written as a history text book but for Middle Earth. He uses a lot of imagery so it feels like you're looking at a very long painting. Disclaimer: If you're tired, then do not read the book. It's very easy to fall asleep to but that doesn't mean it's a bad book. If you do a little research, you'll see that audiences claim The Silmarillion to be better than "The Lord of the Rings."

4. "1984" by George Orwell

George Orwell really had the gift of foresight because he really nailed some of the things that we see nowadays. Many will look at this spot and think of it as the book they read back in highschool (like me) but if you still down with an open mind, you might see a little resemblance to todays time. Always do your own research no matter what anybody tells you.

5. "Mindhunter" by John Douglas

Ever wanted to see behind the scenes of the FBI in it's early days? Then this is the book for you. Follow John Douglas and his adventures dealing with criminals and even famous ones he personally interviewed like The Co-Ed Killer, Ted Bundy, and Charles Manson to name a few. The book is incredibly interesting and goes into some pretty cool details like how or why the killers did what they did. Douglas was an advocate for understanding the criminal and it's saved many many people.