3 Books To Add To Your Spring Break Reading List

Need a new book to read on the beach this Spring Break? I got you.
641

Spring Break is always made out to be a crazy and wild week-long party on the beach, when in reality, that is not typically what happens.

For some people, Spring Break is a time to relax on the beach with your friends, and leave the worries of school and due dates behind you. There’s no better way to read a book than to be sprawled out on your favorite beach chair listening to the natural background noise of the waves crashing.

My taste in books is varied, and I like anything from a sci-fi mystery novel, to a self-help book to a short story here and there, so I made sure to cover all of my basis in my Top 3 Spring Break reads below.

Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

I started this book about a week ago, I cannot put it down. It’s been a good minute since I have found a book that I am so enthralled in that I have to force myself to put away so that I can study for the next day’s exam.

I am always down for a good romance novel, but I have never been a fan of the Nicholas Sparks types of books, which is why I love this one. Redeeming Love is an unconventional love story set in the 1850’s and is loosely based off of the book of Gomer and Hosea in the Bible. It’s the story of a woman who associates love with all things bad, because it is all she has ever known.

Until the day that she meets Michael Hosea, a man who was sent by God to marry and love her, no matter how hard it may be for the both of them. It’s the perfect read for anyone who wants to look at love from a different and more spiritual perspective.

Daring Greatly by Brene Brown

Around the time when the idea of Spring Break starts to make itself prevalent, mixed emotions start to arise as we scurry to eat healthy, workout, book a house, plan a vacation, and find that perfect new bathing suit, all leading up to the week of freedom that we get in the middle of the semester. Once you’ve checked all of those things off of your list, what is next?

We are so busy trying to get our physical-self ready for the new season, but what about trying to improve your inner self as well? Daring Greatly is the book you should pick up if you are wanting to read something inspirational this break.

This novel teaches us how to use vulnerability as a strength within our everyday lives. It is the type of book that makes you want to highlight every page and read over and over again.

People I Want To Punch in the Throat by Jen Mann

Starting a new book can be a big commitment. You have to pay full attention to it when you’re reading it, because if not you will have no clue what’s going on when you flip the page.

Sometimes, I will pick up a book full of short stories just so I can tell myself I’m reading a book, when in reality I’m reading a couple paragraphs every other day. If you don’t want to commit to a full novel, turn to this one.

People I Want To Punch In The Throat is a comedy, displaying a collection of comedic stories about people who, you guessed it, want to punch someone in the throat.

Eating healthy the week before Spring Break? Check. Booking a house on a beach for a week with your friends? Check. Having a six-pack by the time spring break rolls around? Eh, maybe. With this list you can have another thing checked off of your Spring Break list – a book for the beach.